January 22 - 25, 2015
THE MILLENNIUM GLOUCESTER HOTEL, KENSINGTON
Fair Organizer: Gez Hayden
Search London-January: the major recruiting opportunity for IB and British International curriculum schools Worldwide.
CANDIDATE REGISTRATION FOR SEARCH LONDON JANUARY OPENS ON AUGUST 16 2014. ACTIVATED SEARCH CANDIDATES WISHING TO RECRUIT THERE SHOULD PLEASE REQUEST AN INVITATION FROM THEIR SENIOR ASSOCIATE ON OR AFTER THAT DATE. INVITATION REQUESTS CAN BE MADE USING YOUR SEARCH DASHBOARD.
Which Candidates Should Attend?
Candidates with international school experience may request an invitation to attend this fair. Exceptions to this guideline are listed below.Those who succeed in obtaining positions typically have taught any of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes, the British International Curriculum - the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), IGCSE, and International A Level.
we open to candidates on August 16. Please request an invitation from your home associate on or after that date. Please see the Fair's Facebook Page for informal interim updates. This oversubscribed job fair fills up quickly. Registration by November is recommended.
Schools: Search London-January is firmly international, attended by 150+ leading international schools from all over the World - Europe, Middle East, South Asia, South-East Asia, East Asia, Africa and the Americas.
Curriculum: Recruiters attend seeking mostly to hire teachers whose experience is consistent with the fair’s curriculum focus (see above). Teachers lacking this experience can sometimes be successful if they offer shortage expertise as first choice - Chemistry, Physics, Early Childhood, Counselors, Elementary Music, Elementary PE, Technology Integrators.
Scale: This is the largest Search fair, attended by approximately 600 candidates and 150 schools, of which 75% offer one or more IB programme, and 25% characterise themselves as British International.
Candidate Support: Candidates attending Search London-January are assigned an experienced advisor from the team of Senior Associates attending, and their offices' colleagues. The advisors provide a listening ear to assist candidates in making decisions.
Venue: the venue for this Search London-January is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London.
Welcome to the Candidate Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2015
Thanks for your interest in our London January Job Fair. Candidates may request an invitation to this job fair from August 16 2014 (read below). On this page, find information and updates (as they are posted). We assume you have already read the General Information summarizing the Fair’s nature and candidate fit. If you have not, please do so now.
If you wish to attend the fair you must be an activated Search candidate. Request an invitation from your home Associate from your dashboard in your Search account. The bullets below are important. Please read them.
- The first attendance day of this fair for candidates is Thursday January 22 2015.
- You MUST arrive between midday and 5p.m. on Thursday January 22 for the reasons below. It is your responsibility to make leave and travel arrangements appropriate to that time and date. Candidates may not join the fair late. We will show flexibility in the event of unplanned travel delay or personal emergency.
- Here is the "why" of the above. Thursday January 22 is an extremely important day for you. You need to attend an orientation meeting with the Fair Organiser, locate your communication folder and the schools' communication folders, and in advance of Friday's early morning interview sign-up, study the updated vacancy lists posted in the Candidate Lounge, in order to make preliminary contact with schools having vacancies that interest you. All this before Friday's interview sign-up - the crucial part of the fair at which you arrange the interviews with recruiters, to take place on the remaining days of the job fair.
- The venue is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, Kensington, London. Candidates will have rooms in the adjoining, connected Millennium Baileys Hotel. It is more convenient, but not required, for candidates to stay in the Fair Hotel - it affords a private on-site refuge (your hotel room) in which to reflect. We facilitate room sharing for candidates through our Search Associates London-January Facebook page.
- The Fair Schedule for Candidates is now available on this page.
- Very near the date of the fair, We provide you via download with a personal digital copy of the schedule and all other documents for the fair, and about all the attending schools. This frees you from reliance on the internet for school information. Limited hard copy is supplied to you.
- You do need to have with you a laptop or tablet. Warning - if you have a tablet, you may be unable to open schools' own information for prospective candidates, which may be provided on an external plug-in drive or disk.
- Recruiters will have secure access to your full Search file and confidential references during the job fair. It is prudent, however, to hand a résumé to recruiters at interview sign-up and at interviews themselves. This is both an aide-mémoire for recruiters, and a document on which they can make notes about you.
- Bring with you 1. 25 2-side maximum A4 or Letter size résumés, with photo 2. a laptop or tablet computer for accessing digital information at the fair. Most information provided is digital.
Please email any questions to Amelia Ren-Hayden on firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN HERE ABOUT PRECONDITIONS FOR REGISTERING FOR THIS JOB FAIR, AND ABOUT WHAT CONSTITUTES A GOOD FIT.
YOUR SEARCH FILE AND FORWARD PLANNING
ARE YOU A FIT?
- You must be a fully activated Search candidate, invited to register for this job fair by your Senior Associate. (If unsure of your invitation status, contact your Senior Associate).
- You must have at least 4 references on your file, of which minimum 3 must be supervisor or admin references.
- All reference and contact information on the application must be complete.
- The Bio Notes section of your file must be complete.
- A photograph is preferred.
- You MUST be able to attend between midday and 5p.m. on Thursday January 22 2015. Self-registration, your orientation meeting, contacting and receiving contacts from schools, and personal preparations will mean time is at a premium. You need to get all your ducks in a row for the early morning interview sign-up session on Friday January 23.
This very competitive fair - Search Associates' largest - attracts schools from all over the world, and traditionally enjoys a strong placement rate. Recruiters are seeking experience in delivering the programmes indicated below. It has an integral Leadership Section.
- This is a fair where recruiters seek candidates with prior international school experience of teaching the IB PYP, MYP and Diploma; IGCSE and International A Level; UK National Curriculum; IPC & IMYC.
- Exceptions: teachers domestically experienced in & seeking shortage subjects/areas : Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics HL, French plus Spanish, Early Childhood and KG, Music, Elementary PE, Elementary Art & Design, Special Education, Counselors, Apple-experienced technology integrators, and Librarians will find success here.
- Candidates who can demonstrate a material commitment to gaining IB experience (i.e. training) can also attend, but will find it more challenging to get interviews.
- Candidates with only domestic school (not international school) classroom teaching experience in the UK and Ireland, North America and Australia/NZ, (often seeking a position in a school in Europe), are typically unsuccessful unless they teach a shortage subject listed in 2. above.
B. LEADERSHIP SECTION
- This fair has a leadership section. Appropriate leadership candidates realistically seek responsibility positions above Department/Subject Head or Chair. They should have previously held a responsibility post senior to that level in an international school. The section includes Counselors and Athletics Directors.
- Candidates who have held leadership positions in domestic schools only, even if they have international school teaching experience, are unlikely to succeed in this context. Such candidates should register as regular teaching candidates only. If in doubt, please consult your own Senior Associate.
- Leadership candidates must indicate on their registration form their wish to participate in this section of the Fair. We customised the acceptance form to facilitate this.
SEARCH LONDON-JANUARY LEADERSHIP SECTION
Leadership (Administrative) Candidates are those with prior international school leadership experience*, seeking positions above the level of Department Head/Department Chair, with responsibility spanning at least one year-grade. Leadership Candidates may also interview for regular teaching positions at this fair, in addition to leadership positions. The Section includes Counselors and Athletic Directors. At the Fair itself, there is a dedicated Interview Sign-up Session for Leadership Candidates, before the regular Interview Sign-up begins. Otherwise, the section is integral to the rest of the Fair.
Examples of leadership positions are: Heads of School, Principals; PYP, MYP and Diploma Coordinators; Grade Level Coordinators; CAS / Community and Service Coordinators; MYP Areas of Interaction Leaders; IB Workshop Leaders and Trainers (usually integrally to another responsibility position); Counselors; Athletics Directors; Year Heads.
Candidates in the Leadership Section will already have appropriate prior experience and qualifications to fill key positions in international schools with IB PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes, and/or British International System Programmes - IPC, IMYC, IGCSE, and International A Level.
*Candidates with leadership experience in domestic systems only are rarely successful in securing similar roles in their first international post. They are advised to recruit for regular teaching positions only and should not apply to the leadership section.
Registration for the leadership section is indicated by candidates on their response to the invitation to attend the Fair, sent to them by their Senior Associate. If you are unsure of your eligibility for the Leadership Section, please contact your Senior Associate, or Gez Hayden
, for advice, before requesting an invitation to this job fair.
Welcome to the Schools Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2015
On this page, schools interested to attend can obtain information and updates on the Search London-January Job Fair. Invitations are issued to schools in early August 2014. If your school wishes to attend this job fair and does not receive its invitation by August 07 2014, please contact me, Gez Hayden. The bullets below are important.
- Dates: Thursday January 22 to Sunday January 25 2015. We recommend recruiters arrive in the evening of Wednesday January 21.
- No paper copies of candidate Search files and confidential references are issued at this job fair. This information is provided to you securely on electronic media, when you check in at the fair.
- A self-print facility is available in the Recruiter Lounge for colleagues who need to read from paper. Candidates will have one-page résumés ready for you, on which to make notes about them.
- Bring with you 1. Laptop with USB port 2. the appropriate connector for your laptop to a digital projector (for school presentations).
- iPad users presenting from your iPad – we intend to implement a pre-fair download system to allow you to access the Fair information and Fair Database of candidates on your machine. You will need to have an app for offline browsing installed.
Incremental updates as printer-friendly downloads, which you can choose to print or (better) save to your computer are posted on this page as they become available after the Fair is launched in August : Recruiter Schedule and Conditions, interim updates for recruiters, and other documents.
Please email any questions to me on email@example.com
HERE YOU WILL FIND INFORMATION AND ADVICE ABOUT HOTEL BOOKING
The venue for this job fair is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre , Kensington, London, UK. The adjoining Millennium Bailey's Hotel will offer accommodation for candidates. Schools/recruiters will be located in the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.
- Early booking is essential to be sure of a room - booking immediately you accept your invitation to attend the job fair is best. Penalty-free cancellation is possible until 14 days before the date of arrival.
- CANDIDATES should click this link Baileys and insert the code SACAN22115. Candidates wishing to stay on nights other than Thursday 22, Friday 23 and Saturday 24 January please contact Reservations on Reservations.Baileys@millenniumhotels.co.uk. Staying in the fair venue is more convenient, but for candidates is not required.
- SCHOOLS/RECRUITERS should click this link Gloucester and insert the code SAREC22115.
- SCHOOLS/RECRUITERS - we strongly recommend booking club rooms, which are more suitable for interviewing, carry complimentary internet connection, and Executive Lounge access.