< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Oct 22, 19
Jan 8, 20
JOB TITLE : Admissions Director
SCHOOL / DEPT : Admissions
REPORTS TO : Head of School
REVISION DATE : October 2019
JOB GOAL / PURPOSE
We are seeking an experienced Admissions Director to oversee all Admissions activity and Enrollment Management ensuring that the school: attracts, enrolls, re-enrolls and helps to transition mission/vision aligned students and families.
The International School of Beijing (ISB) aspires to be an adaptive, inspirational, forward-looking learning community, cultivating relationships that ignite each student’s passion for lifelong learning. We will nurture the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of each child. We will embrace change, inspire creativity and foster innovation. We will actively promote global understanding and respect within and between cultures. Our community will model integrity and seek opportunities to serve with compassion and conviction.
Of utmost importance is our strong sense of community and vibrant, culturally diverse campus, where learning is engaging for our over 1,780 students representing more than 50 countries. Research-based programs, high-quality teaching, and outstanding and ever-improving facilities mean students at ISB are being prepared for success in a world that keeps changing at a breathtaking pace.
The successful candidate will be offered a 3-year initial contract with subsequent year-to-year contracts contingent upon demonstrated achievement towards annual goals.
Applications will be accepted via ISB’s employment website until January 8, 2020. Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early in the search process, we will close the position before the stated deadline. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITES:
- Carries out, represents and promotes ISB’s mission, vision and core values.
- Member of the school’s educational and operational leadership teams.
- Directly responsible for all admissions activity and enrollment management for PK-G12 international school of 1800 students.
- Responsible for the creation and/or oversight of all admissions policies and procedures ensuring that the process leads to appropriate admissions decisions and student grade and program placement
- Reviews all admission applications for completion and admissibility and, when needed, leads appropriate admissions decision-making committees for PK3-Grade 12 applicant families.
- Partners with the Head of School, CFO and School Principals to determine yearly enrollment targets for All-school, Grade, and program placement.
- Supervises and coaches a team of 6 admissions professionals dedicated to internal and external school promotion, admission, enrollment and re-enrollment, and data collection, sharing, and reporting.
- Responsible for the building and maintaining of the school's enrollment management data base system and the school-wide sharing of current and historically comparative admissions information.
- Partners with the school’s Communications and Marketing Director to develop consistent promotional messaging for the school: digital, print and spoken.
- Organizes and hosts various admissions open house events for PK3- Grade 12 applicant families
- Represents the school in external outreach efforts: at numerous embassies, business chambers and government sponsored functions and hosting on-campus tours and events for HR managers/teams and relocation agencies and business chambers throughout Beijing.
- Sits on various board committees and/or offers board presentations throughout the year, by invitation.
- Works closely with ISB’s Office of Government Affairs as well as the Beijing Municipal Educational Commission to oversee compliance with all PRC educational rules and regulations as they pertain to admissions.
- Organizes and hosts bi-annual orientation events for newly enrolled families.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing, sales or related field.
- Has 3 or more years’ experience as an Admissions Leader in an international school, private school or college/university.
- Proven ability to offer all-school leadership around best practices for admissions processes, procedures policies.
- Experience in leading groups, supervising a team, and implementing change.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate in multiple languages a benefit.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, plan and implement in a competitive school market
- Demonstrated experience in, and appreciation of the role of admissions in building the brand and reputation of the school.
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Excellent human relationship skills.