< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Position has been filled
Mar 4, 15
Mar 31, 15
Assistant Secondary Principal Position
(Student personal and social development focus)
The Istanbul International Community School is seeking a forward-thinking and exceptional Assistant Secondary Principal to support the leadership of the secondary division of the school in the next phase of its development.
Istanbul International Community School is a highly respected school in the region, known for its innovative approach and strong community ethos. It offers all three IB programmes, which have been developed and adapted to meet the needs of the learners. The students come from over 45 countries, ages ranging from 3-18. Enrolment currently stands at 650 of which 300 are secondary students. We anticipate continued growth over the next years to approximately 900 students.
The community is highly committed to building strong relationships both within and outside of the school. Service is valued as a significant way that students can develop themselves as active citizens and student voice and leadership is a developing focus. We believe in the power of collaboration as the most effective way to achieve successful outcomes for students and for teachers. We seek to instill a sense of collective responsibility for the overall growth of IICS from all stakeholders.
The school is currently in the process of finalizing a move to a new, purpose-built campus, designed to support a personalized approach to 21st century learning.
Through its challenging curriculum and strong staff-student relationships, IICS provides a caring environment that inspires each student to excel and to be inquisitive, creative, compassionate, balanced and internationally-minded.
The Assistant Secondary Principal is a member of the school leadership team and is expected to contribute to the development and leadership of the school as a whole.
The Assistant Secondary Principal is responsible for supporting the Secondary Principal in the overall leadership and management of the secondary school and the learning of all secondary school students. The key area of focus is related to personal and social development and the creation and leadership of an innovative mentoring\support program, which promotes the school’s aim of personalizing the learning experience for all students, enabling them to achieve excellence and success.
A detailed Job Description is available for interested applicants.
QUALITIES DESIRED IN THE NEXT ASSISTANT SECONDARY PRINCIPAL
- A strong background in pastoral support and student development
- Awareness of current educational research and best practice in student–centered learning
- Experience of IB curriculum and instructional leadership
- Experience working in international schools, managing diverse communities
- Outstanding inter-personal skills with a commitment to a collaborative approach
- Confident and experienced user of technology both for communication and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven organizational ability
- Genuinely committed to the development of student voice and self-regulation as well as the philosophy of the IB curriculum
- Culturally sensitive and internationally-minded
- Positive, open-minded, and forward-thinking
- Enthusiasm, boundless energy, and a sense of humor
Applicants should submit their CV and a letter of application to Ms Figen Engin Underdown, (firstname.lastname@example.org) PA to the Head of School, Jane Thompson.
Deadline for applications March 31 2015
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.