< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Chief Financial Officer ( CFO)
American International School Dhaka (Bangladesh)
Appointed - Position has been filled
Oct 5, 14
Nov 7, 14
Seeks a Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
To begin August 2015
American International School Dhaka
AISD creates an academic and social environment based on American educational principles. We challenge students from an international community to achieve their potential, become life-long learners and contribute to a changing global society.
Preparing students to become stewards of a just and sustainable world
AISD – THE SCHOOL:
The American International School Dhaka is a co-educational Pre-Kindergarten through Grade12 school located in Dhaka, Bangladesh accredited by The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Approximately 755 students are enrolled, representing 62 different nationalities. The five major nationalities or regional nationalities represented in the AISD student population are United States, Indian, Bangladeshi, European Union and Korean/.
The school is divided into three divisions: the Elementary School (Pre-K–Grade 5), the Middle School (Grades 6-8), and the High School (Grades 9-12). All three divisions are committed to preparing students to become stewards of a just and sustainable world by offering a challenging and age-appropriate American-style education grounded in elements of best practice from around the world.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the planning and managing of the school’s business affairs including finances, procurement, human resources, risk management, legal matters, and long range planning.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the School’s financial affairs, including: formulating and controlling the budget; conducting financial analysis summaries; ensuring compliance with all local and overseas tax regulations; performing duties as required in response to requests from regulators and auditors; timely filing of all requisite forms with the appropriate authorities
- Plans and oversees management of financial affairs of the school within board policy
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the lead administrators within the Business office.
- Assure that all business affairs are conducted in a legal and professional manner
- Develops and implements financial plans of action that assure compliance with the applicable regulations and procedures
- Prepares annual and long-range operating and capital budgets
- Implements the Board policies and other relevant school policies and procedures and seeks to comply with these standards
- Coordinates with the Superintendent and the Finance/Facilities Committee the development and implementation of an approved long term financial and facilities plan and the ongoing fiscal management of the campus modernization project.
- Plans and carries out a risk management program, under the direction of Superintendent; to protect the welfare of students, and staff; protect the assets of the school and limit the liability of staff, administration and the Board
- Coordinate external audits and conduct/coordinate risk-management assessments and implementation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with bankers, legal advisors, local government oversight agencies, tax bureaus, and other entities as necessary
- Work closely with the Finance/Facilities Committee of the School's Board of Directors
- Serve as a contributing member of the school's senior leadership team
- B.A. in management, finance, or equally relevant area, preferably MBA
- Proven success in leading a comparable organization at an executive level
- Demonstrable budget and finance expertise
- Proven experience as a planner and implementer
- The ability to make and implement decisions while building a team
- Strong management, negotiation, interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- International school experience is preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The position is a Senior Leadership position in the organization. Salary is highly competitive and will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include housing, car, health insurance, home leave, a shipping allowance and retirement contributions as well as tuition waivers for dependent children.
Interested candidates should send an application as soon as possible. (The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received). Candidates should note that, in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, AISD reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline mentioned above and to bring the search to a close. For this reason interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should email the information requested below as a single document in PDF format to Richard Boerner, Superintendent, @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application should include:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume and photo (not to exceed two pages)
- A one to two page statement outlining educational philosophy and leadership style.
- References (Total of 3, one being immediate supervisor)
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible. Screening will start as soon as applications are received. PLEASE NOTE that the school reserves the right---in the event that a truly superior candidate emerges early in the search process--to shorten the search and to make an earlier appointment. For this reason it is important that interested candidates apply in a timely manner.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.