< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Feb 2, 21
Mar 19, 21
Chinese Literacy Coordinator
The Canadian International School of Singapore seeks a
Chinese Literacy Coordinator
For the 2021-2022 school year
Deadline for application: Friday, 19, March 2021
Job starting Date: 21 July 2021
Who Are We?
The Canadian International School of Singapore delivers extraordinary learning to globally connected learners. We offer a nurturing environment, an international curriculum and a culturally diverse community that encourages exceptional achievement. Together we’re taking action to make the world a better place.
Who Are We Looking For?
You are an inspirational educator, self-directed with deep knowledge of PYP, MYP and DP , who can coach others to grow professionally. You are responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing all aspects of the literacy programme with a focus on improving student achievement. The Chinese Literacy Coordinator is a member of the Pedagogical Leadership Team. The Literacy Coordinator supports teachers in developing best practices around literacy-based learning strategies. Your jobs include:
- Lead Secondary Chinese Team (Language A and Language B)
- Continue to develop secondary curriculum and assessment
- Chinese Digital Literacy Coordination
- Collect and analyze data (YCT, AAPPL, language profiles, report card, etc.) to assist teachers in differentiating instruction, related to literacy skills
- Support PYPCs in the development of a targeted action plan to develop literacy from PYP to MYP and DP
- Model lessons and engage in active reflection
About Our School
The Canadian International School of Singapore (CIS) was founded in 1989. It is a continuum IB school serving a student population of approximately 3,200 students of over 80 nationalities from Nursery (age 2) to Grade 12 across two campuses.
We are two campuses but very much one school. Our Lakeside campus serves a student population of approximately 2,500 students K-12 and our Tanjong Katong campus serves 730 students K–6.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in linguistics or education, with strong native Chinese and near native English proficiency and literacy skills
- A minimum of 15 years of outstanding PYP, MYP and DP teaching experience
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated school/program leadership experience
- Exceptional program organizational abilities
- Superior conflict resolution strategies and great communication skills in both languages
- Competence in working with culturally diverse staff and communities
- An effective communicator with the capacity to listen, empathize and connect, as well as teach, present and motivate
- A self-directed leader with a deep knowledge of best practices as it relates to Chinese Language and bilingual learning
- A facilitator building strong and productive relationships with students, parents, teachers and the community
- A culture builder capable of communicating and modelling a strong and viable vision
- An activator with motivation, energy, and enthusiasm to spare
- A producer who is results-oriented with a strong sense of accountability in building intellectual development and academic achievement
- A character builder who models values, words and deeds that are marked by trustworthiness, respect and integrity
- An active contributor whose priority is making contributions to the success of others
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send the information listed below as a single pdf file attachment to:
Huali Xiong Dr. Heather Beck
K-12 Principal - Chinese Language and Culture Deputy Head of School
Canadian International School Canadian International School of
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
The application package must include:
- A one-page letter of application explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in applying for this position
- A current resume not exceeding two pages
- A one-page list of references with the business, home phone numbers and email addresses of three school administrators with whom you have worked
Additional information about our school can be found on the school’s website at www.cis.edu.sg
CIS reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the application deadline should this prove desirable. For this reason, it is vital that interested applicants submit an expression of interest for this position at the earliest possible opportunity.
The Canadian International School of Singapore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all who work and learn with us. All applicants to the school must be willing to undergo rigorous child protection screening, including checks with past employers and disclosure and barring service checks.
We reserve the right to contact past employers not listed in the candidate’s application.