< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Dec 11, 20
Jan 11, 21
DEAN OF CURRICULUM & IBDP COORDINATOR
- Prefer a Masters Degree in Education or Administration.
- Prior IB Coordinator experience preferred.
- Relevant administrative credential ideal.
- At least two years' experience in an international school.
- Experience with teacher supervision and evaluation helpful.
- Intimate knowledge of the Understanding by Design framework and standards based assessment are key.
- Highly organized, change positive, patient and effective communicator.
The Dean of Curriculum & IBDP Coordinator at AIS manages the curriculum from grade 9 through grade 12, including the IB Diploma Programme, to ensure positive outcomes for students. They also work with the Director of Teaching & Learning to ensure an aligned, coherent and effective 9-12 curriculum. The ability to work directly with teachers to activate the curriculum in the classroom is essential.
- Support the Director of Teaching & Learning in the development and implementation of the 9-12 curriculum.
- Inform parents, students, and faculty of requirements for various diploma programs through evening informational meetings, individual conferences, student meetings, and at faculty meetings.
- With the HS principal, work directly with teachers to ensure a thoughtful instruction of the written curriculum.
- Support counselors in the scheduling of students, Grades 9-12, for the various academic programs.
- Manage the budget line items, including professional development that supports the curriculum and IB program.
- Assist teachers with external and Internal assessment as well as curricular concerns.
- Support the CAS & EE program with the CAS & EE Coordinators.
- Assist with language tutors and respective requirements for languages studied outside of the AIS curriculum.
- Organize formal orals for all languages and register students for examinations.
- Assist with the submission of predicted grades and marks for internal assessment.
- Assist counselors with the collection of predicted grades for college applications.
- Oversee mock examinations and the May examination session.
- Assist teachers in attending IB workshops.
- Assist students with IB results, legalization of diplomas, and access to accommodations.
- Periodic data analysis and reporting on academic program indicators.
- Chair the committee for completing the IB self-evaluation and publish the study.
- Implement the requirements aligned with the standards and practices, which apply to all IB World Schools.
- Work closely with th HS Principal on the overall academic program.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the High School Principal.
This is a full-time position (teacher contract), with a leadership stipend and up to 10 (ten) extra days’ duties before or after the school year, paid on a daily basis.
The Dean of Curriculum & IB Coordinator reports to the High School Principal.
- The High School Principal
- Director of Teaching & Learning
- The High School Counselors
- The Learning Specialist
- High School students and parents
- High School Faculty
The Dean of Curriculum and IBDP Coordinator Administrative Assistant.
Evaluated by the High School Principal.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 2-year initial contract
- The HS Dean of Curriculum & IBDP Coordinator receives the benefits outlined in the Benefits At a Glance.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send, at the earliest possible time but no later than January 11, 2021 the information requested below.
It must be submitted exactly in the form requested. Please do not send any information other than that which is specifically requested.
Note that this information must be in a single PDF
- A letter of interest, addressed to Mr. Jarret Lambie, HS Principal, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths and why you are interested in this particular position
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages
- A one-page statement outlining educational beliefs and leadership style
- A one-page list of references with phone numbers and email addresses
- A minimum of two and a maximum of four letters of reference which may already be in your possession.
Please send this information in a single PDF to: HR@ais.at
Please note that candidates with active files with Search Associates may simply submit a letter of interest and reference active files with Search Associates/APLi.
Please also note that AIS Vienna reserves the right to close the selection process at any time prior to the above deadline if the right person is identified prior to the closing date.
FOR THIS REASON IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT CANDIDATES SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AT THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE TIME.