< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jun 27, 19
Sep 16, 19
International School of Prague, one of the most innovative & respected independent schools in Europe is looking for:
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
for August 2020
Purpose of Advancement at ISP
Help the school achieve its mission through communication and community relations that create:
- positive feelings and passion,
- depth of understanding of what makes ISP unique, and
- a desire to participate and contribute.
With the departure of our highly respected Advancement Director, a rare opportunity to join ISP is now available. Your future colleagues and community are seeking someone who is:
- excited by the fact that education is changing rapidly;
- well versed in international education;
- able to communicate clearly, to lead through example;
- expects to be held to the same high standards that s/he holds others.
Founded in 1948, and based in one of Europe’s most historic & beautiful capitals, ISP provides an authentic global education to over 900 students from over 60 nationalities. We benefit from state of the art facilities set in the picturesque Sarka Valley in one of Prague’s most desirable neighbourhoods.
Everything we do at ISP is driven by our mission, which is to inspire, engage & empower. ISP’s professional culture reflects this mission where everyone is encouraged to innovate and test new research-based ideas, and to be dynamic enactors of positive change. Our overarching strategic objective is to “Unleash our Collective Potential so that our school is greater than the sum of its parts.” Our culture is all about having an environment where curiosity drives what & how we learn, meaning that instinctively inquisitive minds are what we look for most when we recruit. We are a friendly, open-minded and progressive school and are proud of and greatly value our diverse community. For further details please see our introduction video as well as the ISP website.
- All ISP constituents feel deep and ongoing positive affiliation to the school.
- Families and Employees are joining ISP due to the reputation of ISP both internally and externally.
- Development work leads to significant financial support through donations.
- Develop and oversee strategies for all aspects of Advancement, including fundraising, marketing, communications, alumni, and admissions.
- Identify, research and solicit prospective donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, organizations.
- Present to the Director, Advancement Committee, and Board of Trustees an annual Advancement plan for achieving specific objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all constituents.
- Provide ongoing education to other school leaders (Leadership Team, Board of Trustees) to help them to be effective assets in development work.
Manage Advancement team and supporting them in:
- Communications: Share stories that build understanding of what makes ISP unique, and create a desire to be an active participant in the ISP community.
- Admissions: Welcome interested families, help them understand what makes ISP unique and guide them through transition processes.
- Community relations: Motivate people to be affiliated with and participate in the life of the school.
- Event management: Create and manage well-attended, mission-aligned events that build community and which thank participants and/or contributors.
- Fundraising: Create the conversations and conditions that nurture a culture of philanthropy to advance ISP.
- Communications and marketing initiatives, including the website and social media platforms.
- Fundraising and Special Events to meet or exceed annual objectives.
- All-school published materials, including the Annual Report, regular newsletters etc..
- Advancement-office related events including fundraising events and alumni reunions.
- All volunteer committees including the School Community Association, Annual Fund, Alumni, and event committees.
- Preparation of all solicitation materials, including direct mail appeals, emails, and newsletters.
- Advancement Office budget to ensure that School has the resources necessary to meet its advancement objectives.
Knowledge & Skills required
- To have a personal vision in alignment with the ISP mission with an innovative & future-focused mindset.
- Creative leader with proven track record of raising funds from individuals and corporations.
- Excellent understanding of principles & techniques of Advancement activities, including annual giving, major giving, planned giving, event planning, capital campaigns, marketing and communications, and grant procurement.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, networking, facilitation and management skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, including public speaking, negotiation & effective communication with diverse audiences, including the ability to speak persuasively about ISP.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial approach, able to develop and create solutions to complex issues.
- Position requires absolute confidentiality and professionalism in appearance, attitude and presentation.
- A self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet benchmarks and goals in a timely manner and without day-to-day supervision.
Education & Experience
- Proven track record in successful nonprofit fundraising & advancement experience, ideally in an international school setting.
- Master’s (or higher) degree preferable.
If you are interested in this job and you meet the specified criteria, then please go to the ISP website and follow the application instructions.
The deadline for applications is September 16, 2019. Candidates should note, however, that the School has already started to review applications received to date and interviewing candidates accordingly. In the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, ISP reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline. For this reason, it is essential that interested candidates apply as soon as possible. The successful candidate will begin her/his tenure in August 2020.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.