< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Director of Consulting Services Division
Search Associates (USA)
Appointed - Applications no longer being accepted at this time
Jun 11, 18
Aug 31, 18
Director of Consulting Services Division
Search Associates seeks to appoint a Director of Consulting Services to head its consulting services division. Start Date: July 2019 or earlier.
Search Associates, established in 1990, is widely recognized as the leading recruitment consultancy in the field of international education at primary and secondary levels. The group is currently instrumental in well over 3000 appointments every year of teachers and school leaders, who move into jobs in our large and steadily growing network of international schools worldwide.
Please see www.searchassociates.com for a much fuller picture.
As it prepares to enter its fourth decade of operations Search Associates has embarked on an ambitious strategic planning exercise to chart its future course in the growing international schools market. As part of this effort it is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the newly created position of Director of Consulting Services.
Position purpose and scope
The Director of Consulting Services (DCS) will lead Search Associates in all areas of its consulting practice including, but not limited to, Leadership Searches, Educational Programs and Services, Strategic Planning, School Governance, Compensation Review, Conflict Resolution and Succession Planning. DCS will provide strategic direction to the organization in this important area of its operations with the goal of expanding the size and scope of the current business of the division and by venturing into new practice areas. The Director will provide strong leadership to the team within Search Associates managing this part of the business, enabling Search Associates to position itself as the premier consulting service for international schools across a wide range of capability areas.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Director of Consulting Services (DCS) will include leading the following activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Be the single point of contact for international schools seeking consulting services from Search Associates.
- As a member of the senior leadership team of the organization, the DCS will work closely with the CEO, COO, Director of School Relations and other department heads, in the overall management of Search Associates (SA) as per its strategic plans and priorities.
- Provide strong leadership to consulting services personnel, shaping the division into an agile, winning arm of the organization.
- Work with CEO and COO to plan and manage the division’s budget, i.e. revenue goals, costs etc.
- Examine current processes for managing the division and institute new, more efficient and streamlined processes as required.
- Identify areas of the practice, both functional and geographic, with significant potential to grow and chart an appropriate growth plan.
- It is expected that the DCS will personally lead a number of senior level leadership searches and/or other types of consulting engagements. The exact number will be agreed upon annually based on organizational needs and priorities.
The Director of Consulting Services is expected to have the following experience and skills.
- Extensive experience as a senior leader in the world of international schools. Experience in a senior leadership position in a domestic educational environment (e.g. USA, UK) prior to the international experience would be an added advantage.
- Strategic leadership and change agent capabilities to steer the division in a rapidly evolving and increasingly competitive international schools landscape.
- Experience across multiple geographic regions. Experience in the fast growing Asia and/or the Middle East regions would be helpful.
- In-depth understanding and/or consulting experience of at least some of SA’s current consulting practice areas.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to persuade and motivate with the power of ideas.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, understanding that overall organization priorities (or constraints) may sometimes delay divisional actions.
- A strong team player and ambassador for Search Associates as a whole.
Compensation will be attractive and structured as a combination of fixed and incentive based earnings.
The person selected will have locational flexibility in terms of country of residence. A US location is desirable but a non-US location would not disadvantage the right candidate.
How to apply
Applications should be sent by email as soon as possible to Melinda Williams -email@example.com with copy to Rajiv Bhat – firstname.lastname@example.org
The final application deadline is 31 August, 2018.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity please send Melinda Williams and Rajiv Bhat the following documents, collated into one single pdf file:
- A letter briefly explaining your motivation for joining Search Associates and what you can offer given the position description above.
- A personal statement about your career achievements.
- Your current CV (no more than 2 pages).
- A list of three referees (senior people well acquainted with you both professionally and personally), with their current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses. They will not be contacted without your permission.
Final approval and selection of the new Director of Consulting Services will be at the discretion of Search Associates President Jessica Magagna and her Executive team, who reserve the right to make decisions earlier than 31 August 2018 if an outstanding candidate come forward.
It is hoped that this search will be completed well before the end of 2018, though more time will be taken if necessary to achieve the best possible outcome.