< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Dec 2, 19
Jan 10, 20
TITLE: PRINCIPAL, ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, PUXI CAMPUS
SCALE: Principal Salary Scale
CONTRACT: 210 days
The Elementary School Principal serves in all matters as the Educational Leader of the Elementary School on the Puxi Campus. Working in collaboration with the Head of Campus and the Chief Academic Officer, the Principal ensures that all programs and practices of Faculty and Staff support the SAS mission, Schoolwide Transfer Goals and Learning Principles.
Supervised, Evaluated by & Reports to:
Head of Campus
- Must hold a valid supervisory credential from the US, or the equivalent from another system.
- Extensive understanding of and experience with elementary school philosophy and best practices: direct relevant experience in leading elementary-level education.
- Understanding and enthusiasm for working in an international setting.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in successfully supervising and supporting teachers in the development of school programs that encourage teaching excellence.
- Strong experience in elementary-level program development that reflects a sincere commitment to the social, emotional, and intellectual well-being of the learner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and understanding of organizational culture that brings people together to achieve common goals.
- Experience that speaks to a strong intercultural competence.
- Understanding of and experience with integrating modern technologies and approaches into the teaching and learning experience.
- Experience in Reggio Emilia, Reader Writer Workshop, and Collaborative Sheltered Immersion programs preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to and administration of the school budget process.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with 3-11 year-old students and with teachers who are passionate about that age group.
- Oversee all aspects of the Elementary School’s instructional programs development, implementation, and evaluation in line with the school’s mission and core values.
- Supervise and evaluate all Elementary School Faculty and staff, or delegate that responsibility.
- Develop and manage the Elementary School’s instructional budget.
- Assist in Admissions decisions.
- Serve as an aspirational instructional leader and spokesperson to the larger community.
- Support and collaborate with the school’s administrative team in a one school-two campus model.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Head of School, the Head of Campus, and the Chief Academic Officer/Deputy Head of School.
- That each employee makes a significant contribution to our success.
- That contribution should not be limited with the assigned responsibilities.
Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties; qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee or SAS to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
Interested candidates are asked to carefully review the Shanghai American School website at www.saschina.org to learn more about our school, then email a complete application package including:
a) Cover Letter
b) Philosophy of Education
c) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
d) References’ Contact Information
to Careers@saschina.org by January 10, 2020.