< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Apr 15, 19
Apr 30, 19
Elementary School Principal
Our Mission: Everyone Learning, Everywhere
Our vision: Teaching for the Future
ISC is looking for a new ES Principal to begin July 2020 to continue the outstanding work already in place and in progress, by the well-respected current ES Principal.
Challenges in the coming years will be to ensure continuity of learning as the elementary school transitions to an outstanding new learning environment (June 2020 -- July 2021) while also adding a kindergarten section. High levels of collaboration will continue to be fostered in the new purpose-built learning environment, while the new ES Principal will be welcomed as part of a high-expectations and high-performing leadership team.
At ISC, learning is personalized, built on strong relationships and shared practices, utilizing effective assessment and feedback; learning is clear to all.
The ES Principal will bring ISC Learning to life through embodying and inspiring our “ISCs”:
- Character: resilience, leadership, and wellbeing
- Citizenship: global perspectives, environmental awareness, and service
- Communication: understand, be understood
- Critical-thinking: analyze, evaluate, problem solving
- Collaboration: teamwork, empathy, informed decision-making
- Creativity: resourcefulness, risk-taking, innovation
The ES Principal will also foster a positive learning culture, of our school, as we believe that working on shared principles, not rules, allows us to continue to improve.
Recognized as an innovative pioneer in international education by Cambridge University, ISC is also one of the twenty founding schools of the Common Ground Collaborative (CGC) and will be become the first school in South America to partner with the Centre for Transformative Teaching & Learning, through establishing our own research/training centre onsite in the coming years.
Qualifications & Desired Experience of the New Elementary Principal:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of learning and research-informed thinking
- Successful experience at the elementary level
- Knowledge and understanding of successful assessment practice (Standards-Referenced assessment, proficiency scales, feedback to learners, etc.)
- Training and experience coaching teams and individuals
- Experience with the Readers and Writers Workshop
- Demonstrated initiative, organizational, communicative and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and ability to apply Professional Learning Community concepts
- Strong technology skills
- International experience in a similar school setting
- Master's degree in related field or equivalent
- Appropriate leadership qualifications or a willingness to begin training (PTC or similar)
- And importantly, the ability to think differently about modern schooling
If you feel the mission and vision of ISC speak to you, please upload the information listed below as a single pdf file (less than 10GB) at the following link: ES Principal Job Application no later than April 30, 2019 :
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the position as ES Principal (not to exceed one page)
- A statement describing your leadership and educational philosophy, not to exceed one page.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages.
- A one-page list of references with current addresses, phone numbers and email addresses (minimum three references)
- A maximum of three letters of reference (scanned at low resolution) that may already be in your possession (not essential).
ISC follows international best-practice in regards to child protection measures and reserves the right to conduct background screening of successful candidates. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in the information provided by the applicant, whenever discovered, may result in disqualification from, or termination of employment or volunteer service with the organization.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.