< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Apr 28, 21
May 15, 21
Head of Admissions
The Canadian International School of Singapore seeks a
Head of Admissions
For the 2021-2022 school year
Deadline: 15 May 2021
Starting Date: To be mutually agreed upon
The Canadian International School (CIS) is a leading international school in Singapore. Founded in 1990, CIS has over 3,000 students from more than 70 nationalities enrolled across two campuses - Lakeside in the west (for students aged 2 to 18 years) and Tanjong Katong in the east (for students aged 2 to 12 years).
CIS is one of the few international schools in Singapore to offer all three International Baccalaureate programmes, from Primary Years through to the Diploma Programme. The school is well known for its highly successful Chinese-English Bi-lingual program and delivers excellent student outcomes.
CIS is looking for a full time Head of Admissions. This role's core responsibility is to manage the admissions team and work in conjunction with other school administrators to develop and fine- tune admissions criteria, assessment and policies.
- The Head of Admissions is responsible for developing the admissions strategy of the school to promote CIS’ student enrolment and leading position in the Singapore International Schools market
- Manage the admissions team and work in close cooperation with other school administrators to apply and suggest changes to admissions criteria, assessments and policies to maintain the academic excellence and the selection of suitable students
- Monitor the market for developments, trends, campaigns and incentives among the international schools and share with other leaders in CIS
- Develop strong networks within CIS and among other International Schools in Singapore
- Develop and maintain a system for reporting of admissions data to support forecasting, yield management, operational efficiency
- Continuously identify, evaluate and suggest improvements to how we manage the admissions operations in CIS
- The Head of School reports to the CEO, collaborates closely with the Head of Marketing and Communication and is a member of the Executive Committee
- Relevant degree with at least 10 years’ leadership experience and highly successful track record from customer service, sales or admissions
- Strong results focus and continuous improvement mindset
- Genuine interest in people and ability to build collaborative relationships across all levels and groups in the school
- Analytical and good with numbers
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starter with a strong internal engine
- Well-developed customer service focus
- Strong presence with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and sustainability
- High level of integrity and ability to deal with sensitive situations under pressure
- Excellent oral and written command of English
Application deadline is 15 May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their application as a pdf attachment at the earliest possible opportunity to:
Principal HR Executive
Canadian International School of Singapore
Additional information about our school can be found on the school’s website at www.cis.edu.sg
The Canadian International School of Singapore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all who work and learn with us. All applicants to the school must be willing to undergo rigorous child protection screening, including checks with past employers and Disclosure and barring service checks.
We reserve the right to contact past employers not listed in the candidate’s application.