< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Dec 6, 18
Dec 21, 18
Deadline: 21st December 2018
Head of Primary
Yew Chung International School of Chongqing
Beginning August 1, 2019
The Yew Chung International School of Chongqing (YCISCQ) seeks an experienced and motivated educational leader to perform the role of the Head of Primary. This is a new role, to be supported by a Deputy Head of Primary, which aims to improve the clarity in leadership within the primary section.
This position provides an exceptional opportunity for a forward-thinking educator with a global perspective and a desire to become part of a learning community characterized by strong relationships, diverse interests, and a rigorous educational philosophy. YCISCQ enrols approximately 425 students (over 250 in the primary section) of approximately 27 nationalities from both the local and international communities in Chongqing.
The Head of Primary must be a strong educational leader, excited by and committed to the ongoing development of YCIS CQ and will be:
- an inspiration to teachers to achieve maximum student learning;
- a model global citizen;
- a developer, leader, and manager for all aspects of the processes that will ensure that there is an outstanding teacher in every classroom, every day;
- a leader for the school’s curriculum and can apply contemporary best practices about learning, including processes that address developing, implementing and monitoring curriculum and learner progress;
- a “leader of learning” who fosters a vision and a practical culture to optimize learning opportunities for the full range of diverse learners at YCIS CQ;
- a promoter of professional growth focused on improved student outcomes that connects and strengthens teaching and learning;
The Head of Primary has overall responsibility for the organizational, operational and academic functions of the primary section, including working with the Senior Leadership team to recruit, develop and retain outstanding staff. The Head of Primary will contribute to the formulation of the school’s strategic plans, and will direct the day-to-day operation of its primary programmes.
YCIS CQ was founded in 2002 and offers an international curriculum, which has links to the National Curriculum of England, from K-Y13. Students in Y10/11 complete the Cambridge IGCSE and Y12 students undertake the IB Diploma. YCIS CQ is an exciting place to be for educators who wish to actively engage in an evolving programme, in a city that is also rapidly developing and expanding. We seek educators who are passionate about optimizing the learning opportunities for our students and are committed to educating the whole person. We strive to unite the best elements of Eastern and Western traditions and practices, the growth of the individual and the inquiring mind as well as develop a sense of personal responsibility and social welfare of all.
YCIS CQ gained accreditation with CIS, NEASC and NCCT in January 2017, and the learning from the school study remain central to the strategic direction of the school.
YCIS CQ is committed to educate the whole person from infancy through secondary education. We strive to unite the best elements of Eastern and Western traditions and practices, the growth of the individual and the inquiring mind as well as develop a sense of personal responsibility and social welfare of all. The YCIS CQ curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate for each age level, rooted in a bilingual education in multicultural environments utilizing instructional and information technology, fusing both Western and Chinese philosophies for character formation. Our holistic approach to education involves cooperation with parents, family, community and world around us.
Our educational objectives are to:
- Provide a holistic education that nurtures the whole person
- Promote multiple-intelligence development to allow students to develop their own individual talents
- Nurture in each student an open outlook in life, respect for cultural diversity and the beliefs and values of all people, and a sense of commitment and social responsibility
- Integrate high technology, sciences and the arts to allow students to adjust well in a competitive global society
- Provide a bilingual programme that emphasizes both English and Chinese languages and cultures and leads to fluency in these two world languages of the 21st century
- Provide individualized attention and guidance to meet the needs and to develop the potential of individual students
- Incorporate a research-based curriculum that is regularly evaluated by teaching and research professionals to improve the quality and effectiveness of our programmes
The YCIS CQ Head of Primary position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A full teaching qualification;
- A proven track record in educational leadership, including at least three years of experience in an appropriate leadership role;
- The ability to lead and work collaboratively with a team of teachers, administrators, and other school personnel;
- A strong and outgoing personal presence;
- Proven commitment to a well-balanced programme that focuses on the whole child;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to reach out to our learning community;
- The ability to recruit and retain highly qualified teachers; and
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures and situations.
Please apply directly to the school by submitting:
- A current CV, no longer than two pages
- A list of at least three references with current telephone numbers and email addresses.
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your educational beliefs, leadership strengths and professional and personal interests.
Please email these documents directly to YCIS CQ Recruitment, at recruitment.YCISCQ@cq.ycef.com. We encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time and no later than 21st December, 2016. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that, in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, the school reserves the right to make an appointment and conclude the search prior to the stated deadline.
School’s Website: www.ycis-cq.com/en/
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.