< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Aug 26, 21
Sep 21, 21
Utahloy International School Guangzhou (UISG)
Head of School Vacancy
Beginning in July 2022
After the very successful tenure of the current head, we seek an experienced, energetic and visionary leader, with an innovative mindset who will build on our achievements and shape the future development of the school. Our new Head of School will work with excellent staff, delightful students and engaged parents to further develop our challenging and inspiring learning environment. We are proud to provide premium education for expat and local families looking for an outstanding school.
Our school which was founded in 1997, is a co-educational Day school for students aged 3-19 years and currently enrols approximately 800 students. Our campus is situated on a lake overlooking mountains, and benefits from its proximity to the cosmopolitan city of Guangzhou and the life-style it offers.
The school is an accredited and IB authorised proprietary school owned by the Utahloy Education Foundation (UEF) and is governed by the UEF Board. Utahloy Education Foundation Ltd. UEF is an education company with corporate social responsibilities supported by Guangzhou Municipal Government and the Guangzhou University to provide international education for expatriate families working in China.
All about you
The appointee will have a proven track record of accomplished senior leadership and of creating an environment for education success. Strong organisational management skills and strategic capability are crucial, as too is a drive for student empowerment and learning. We seek a leader who is not only committed to the educational success and pastoral welfare of young people but can also effectively engage parents and other key stakeholders in the wider school community. An innovative educator, s/he will work together with a strong Senior Leadership Team.
Key characteristics of the successful candidate
- Courage and conviction of opinions and decisions
- Ability to forge credible relationships with the wider community
- Open and collaborative leadership style
- Able to focus activities towards achievement of Mission and Vision
- A consistent record of good judgment and accountability
- Ability to lead learning Innovation
- Purposeful and responsive influencing style
- Ability to win hearts and minds of a wider audience
- Excellent prioritising, planning and organising skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Able to seek advice and support when necessary
- Sound financial judgment in partnership with the board of directors to secure value for money for the school
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.