< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Nov 19, 20
Dec 4, 20
Head of Student Support and Wellbeing
The Canadian International School of Singapore
For the 2021-2022 school year
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, December 4, 2020
Starting Date: July 19, 2021
CIS will provide extraordinary learning opportunities for the globally connected student. A nurturing environment, an international curriculum, and a culturally diverse community will facilitate exceptional achievements. Together we will take action to make the world a better place.
Engage Enlighten Empower
Collaboration Curiosity Creativity
Generosity Respect Excellence
Who Are We Looking For?
You are an exceptional educational leader who has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the teaching and learning principles found in and our school’s vision, mission and values. You bring a relentless focus to improving teaching and learning and are an expert in using data to analyze student achievement and develop appropriate programs, strategies and interventions to reduce learning gaps.
About Our School
The Canadian International School of Singapore (CIS) was founded in 1989. It is a continuum IB school serving a student population of approximately 3,200 students of over 70 nationalities Nursery (age 2) to Grade 12. The Lakeside Campus (Nursery – Grade 12) serves a student population of approximately 2,500 students.
The school consists of two campuses. Our Lakeside Campus in the Jurong West area of Singapore was opened in 2007 and sits on 43,000 sq. m. of land. The Lakeside campus boasts impressive facilities including large classrooms connected to learning pods, a 50 m outdoor pool, a 500-seat auditorium and a two-story library.
The Tanjong Katong campus in the west serves a Nursery to Grade 6 student population of approximately 700 students and is housed in a renovated heritage building that previously served as a Singaporean Girls’ school.
About the Position
The Head of Student Support and Wellbeing reports to the Deputy Head of School and directly supervises ELL and Learning Support teachers, counsellors and nurses across both campuses.
The Head of Student Support and Wellbeing coordinates and oversees the delivery of a robust and integrated school-wide programme that promotes the intellectual and language development of students along with their social, emotional, physical and cognitive well-being.
-Coordinate the planning and delivery of comprehensive student support services K-12 in:
- Learning support
- English Language Learning
- Health services
-Collaborate closely with division principals and Admissions around;
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Family dynamic policy
- Caregiver relationships
- Legal issues
- Family transition
- Health promotion
- Safety and risk-prevention
- English Language Learner support
- Learning support, including social and study skills training
-Ensure that students’ personal/learning issues are addressed with sound judgment, those appropriate community referrals are made for specialized
-Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the school Strategic
- Plan and ensure that divisional work plan reinforces the goals set in the school’s strategic plan
- Serve as a member of the Senior Administration Team, Academic Board and Examination Board
- Teaching/counselling qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree
- Significant leadership experience in an international school setting
- Certification as a school psychologist
- Experience working in an IB School
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send the information listed below as a single pdf file attachment to:
Mr. Pete Corcoran and Dr. Heather Beck
Head of School Deputy Head of School
The application package must include:
- A one-page letter of application explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in applying for this position.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages
- A one-page statement outlining your educational philosophy and leadership style
- A one-page list of references with the business, home phone numbers and email addresses of three school administrators/supervisors with whom you have worked
Additional information about our school can be found on the school’s web site at www.cis.edu.sg
Initial closing date for applications – December 4, 2020
CIS reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the application deadline. For this reason, interested applicants are requested to submit their applications at the earliest possible opportunity.
The Canadian International School of Singapore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all who work and learn with us. All applicants to the school must be willing to undergo rigorous child protection screening, including checks with past employers and Disclosure and Barring Service checks.