< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Filled
Jan 6, 14
High School Principal – beginning August 2014
With a strong sense of community and a familial atmosphere, The American International School of Muscat (TAISM) is truly a special place for international educators and the community of learners they support. Encompassing a total Pre-K through Grade 12 student population of 760, our school embraces a diverse student body spanning 67 nationalities. As High School Principal, you will lead 200 students in grades 9 – 12 who enjoy a wide range of educational opportunities provided by a team of over 25 top-notch professionals. Support staff includes a Counselor, an English Language Learning (ELL) teacher and a learning support specialist. A purpose-built facility was constructed in 2010, adding to the state-of-the-art campus.
Outstanding parent interest and participation offer the selected candidate the opportunity to focus on student learning through instructional leadership, curriculum development and individual care. TAISM recognizes the importance of professional and personal growth and their links to goal attainment, and offers unwavering support to the Principal, both professionally as a leader and personally as a lifelong learner.
Reporting to the School Director, the overarching goal of the High School Principal is to provide programs and exceptional learning opportunities that support the school’s mission, core beliefs and aims. Much more than just an administrator, in this role you are an ambassador for TAISM.
The ideal candidate brings to the role proven accomplishments demonstrating the following key competencies:
- Outstanding team leadership demonstrated through vision and values
- Highly developed problem identification and conflict resolutions skills
- Finely honed collaborative abilities demonstrated through successful relationship building with fellow administrators and school leaders, teachers, students and parents
- Highly effective communication skills, both in writing and in public presentation
“Must Have” Qualifications:
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Master’s Degree in Education (with an emphasis in leadership) from a North American university
- Experience teaching and/or administrating at the High School level in an American school utilizing a standards-based curriculum
“Nice to Have” Qualifications:
- American international school principal experience
- Experience with the Common Core US standards and AERO curriculum frameworks
- Advanced Placement (AP) experience
- Proficiency in the use of PowerSchool for student data and master scheduling
Learn more about TAISM’s mission, core beliefs, aims and programs at www.taism.com
Our exclusive means of accepting candidate details is via our online application facility accessed through our Careers at TAISM link at www.taism.com.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.