< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 19, 19
Oct 18, 19
UNIS Hanoi High School Principal
UNIS Hanoi graduates and alumni transform lives and society - Are you a High School leader ready to change the world?
UNIS Hanoi is one of only two United Nations international schools in the world. As the first three-Programme IB School in Asia and international school in Vietnam, we are proud to be a destination school for career-educators with a passion for building a better world.
Our inclusive High School not only prepares students to the highest possible academic standards, but also equips them with a bold, altruistic vision empowering them as agents of change.
UNIS Hanoi’s 360 Degree Students - Meet some of them now!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WORKING AT UNIS HANOI
High School Principal
The High School Principal serves as the educational and administrative leader of the High School and is responsible for the delivery of an outstanding educational programme aligned with the Mission, Vision and Values of UNIS Hanoi.
Key Characteristics and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively utilise a range of leadership styles to manage complexity; knowing when to be collaborative, when to delegate and when to make decisions independently.
- Highly developed, creative, technological and critical thinking skills to embed research based, educational best practices into the framework of the IB and ensure that our students are prepared for the future.
- A growth mindset with a proven record of inspiring, coaching and mentoring teachers to support professional development, build capacity, and develop highly effective teams.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the developmental needs of adolescents. Committed to enhancing student agency, personal relationships and ensuring successful learning environments for all learners.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and intercultural competencies to ensure transparent decision making and build community amongst all members of the school community.
- A demonstrated commitment to and proponent of the IB Programme, the Principles of the United Nations, sustainability, service learning and philanthropy.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues on the School Strategy Team toward a common vision; contributing to the development of school wide programs and initiatives, providing insights and critical feedback to other departments/divisions and by being solutions focussed at a strategic level.
- Uphold and communicate through words and actions, the UNIS Hanoi Vision, Mission and Values.
- Develop, lead and facilitate a High School Leadership Team to support a collaborative leadership model.
- Support of cross-division initiatives and the delivery of the strategic plan including: Activities (co-curricular and athletic programmes); Advancement (philanthropy, alumni, communications and scholarships).
- Develop and coordinate community outreach to support strong home-school partnerships and to ensure the community is informed of events and student learning in the High School.
- Partner and collaborate effectively with the following departments to support the smooth and effective functioning of the High School: Human Resources (hiring and retention); Admissions (enrolment and transition process for new students and families); Finance (facilitation, management and implementation of the High School budget to ensure the appropriate allocation of resources to support the Mission, Vision and Values of the School); Operations (divisional facilities and health and safety to ensure teaching and learning is supported at all times).
Teaching and Learning:
- Facilitate a safe, respectful and inclusive environment.
- Ensure that the High School has a viable written, taught and assessed curriculum.
- Ensure that programmes, teaching and learning address the needs of all students from a philosophy of student success, including Learning Support, EAL, enrichment etc.
- Responsible for the oversight and effectiveness of a comprehensive Counselling and Advisory programme that addresses transition, student wellbeing, social-emotional, academic and college application and placement.
- Develop, review and evaluate all aspects of the High School programme with consultation from appropriate departments within the school.
- Ensure that the division is meeting all expectations from accreditation agencies and that divisional goals are embedded in the school-wide Annual Action Plan and aligned with the Strategic Plan.
Faculty and Staff:
- Together with the Head of School, recruit and retain the highest calibre High School faculty and staff and ensure the implementation of comprehensive onboarding and offboarding transition programmes.
- Using the UNIS Hanoi Teacher Competencies, supervise and evaluate the performance of all High School faculty and staff.
- Facilitate professional development opportunities and implementation of the “Responsibility for Learning” model to support, motivate and inspire UNIS Hanoi faculty and staff to provide the best possible learning experiences for our students.
- Ensure that expectations, responsibilities and standards are clearly communicated to faculty and staff to ensure an excellent standard of learning.
- Prior leadership experience in a diverse, international school setting at the level of Deputy/Assistant Principal or Principal (5 years preferred).
- Experience and/or relevant professional development in facilitative leadership, IB programmes and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated experience as a teacher and educational leader within the MYP and DP
- Master’s Degree, Principal Certification or the equivalent.
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits will be competitive with similar international schools in the region and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified candidates should send the information below in a single pdf file to the Head of School, Jane McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, October 18.
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position and strengths as a candidate that are a good fit for this position.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages.
- A personal statement about being a leader in a student-centred, IB world, 21st century international school.
- A list of referees from your last three positions with current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
The selection process will involve a cross-community committee with students, parents, teachers and administrators. Online interviews may begin in early October.
Campus visits for finalists will take place during the week of November 4, 2019. Should a suitable candidate be found prior to this time, the search committee reserves the right to close the process.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.