< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - No longer accepting applications
Nov 17, 14
Dec 15, 14
Middle School Principal Opportunity
Mission and Vision Statement
To foster international-mindedness through a challenging curriculum in a caring and cooperative environment, inspiring students to become well-rounded citizens committed to the service of humanity.
A community exemplifying progressive pedagogy, innovative technology, and service learning. Our students will exhibit integrity and the desire to make a positive impact in the world.
The Middle School Principal is the leader and role model of learning in the Middle School, incorporating academic and social/emotional development of Middle School students. They enact the FIS Mission and Vision. The Principal supports appropriate pedagogical practices within the Middle School, as outlined in the FIS Learning Principles, including; thoughtful and collaborative planning, conduct of learning experiences to challenge and support the needs of all students, monitoring and review of learning. The Principal is part of the Senior Leadership Team at the FIS.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated passion and commitment to the teaching and development of Middle School students, understanding well their developmental needs. In action, she/he is an advocate for students, giving them voice and empowering them as individuals and learners.
- Successful teaching and/or leadership experience in international school settings with a recognized teaching qualification at the graduate or post-graduate level
- Knowledge and proven application of current best practices in learning and assessment
- Excellent ICT skills and an understanding of their effective use to support and enhance learning
- Lifelong learner who is committed to personal professional development and improvement
- Experience with appraisal system/s that encourage
s professional growth
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity, with a commitment to ethical behavior and leadership
Leadership and Mentoring
- Ability to give strong leadership in all areas of the curriculum and pastoral care
- Ability to further teaching and learning by promoting professional growth of teachers focused on improved student achievement
- Ability to foster a caring and cooperative community of learners within the Middle School
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English
- Ability to clearly communicate the learning, needs and development of MS students, initiatives, and achievements to all stakeholders
- Ability to foster relationships and resources for active parent-community involvement to improve student learning.
Personal attributes and characteristics
- A high degree of cultural sensitivity, understanding of Internationalism
- Ability to think strategically and be open to creative solutions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust with all constituencies
- Adaptability, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Ability to lead and interacts in ways which demonstrate a knowledge of and sensitivity to the culture of transition as experienced by members of international school communities
If you would like to apply this position, please send your application documents, including cover letter, philosophy of education and CV, to email@example.com by December 15th, 2014.
Equal Opportunity and Child Protection Statement
The appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, verification of identity and proof of qualifications. The Franconian International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and national/international disclosure and barring services. The Franconian International School is an Equal Opportunities employer, and welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.