< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Mar 5, 19
Aug 5, 19
With five original students, Jakarta Intercultural School was founded by UN workers in 1951. These pioneers introduced relevant schooling in English for children of expats in the newfound Republic of Indonesia. From early days the school's international identity was clear. It was originally named the Joint Embassy School (JES) after its British, American, Australian and (then) Yugoslavian embassy partners. Just over a decade later, in 1978, JES became Jakarta International School (JIS) and in 2014, Jakarta Intercultural School.
Today, with high expectations for standards based, results oriented, engaged learning and a culture where students seek personal excellence in every pursuit, JIS helps each community member become their best to be best for the world.
As JIS continues its 67-year journey, we value each decade and each learner whose personal story betters our own. With 2,300 students, over 300 faculty and countless alumni and parents contributing daily to the school's legacy and the world around us, we can only be encouraged, humbled and motivated to keep learning together for the sake of our students' borderless future.
JIS campuses and facilities support exceptional curricular and co-curricular learning experiences for students in safe, clean and well-protected spaces. Each campus offers air-conditioned and wireless classrooms; dedicated visual and performing arts theaters; technology labs; age-appropriate library/media centers; cafeterias; as well as swimming pools, fields, covered recreational spaces and gymnasiums. Each JIS campus offers a serene, tropical oasis for the JIS Community in Jakarta.
The Middle School Principal is primarily responsible for providing academic and administrative leadership to the Middle School (MS) learning community. The Principal shall lead and inspire the faculty members toward dynamic and engaging teaching practices. In keeping with this responsibility, the management of all MS affairs shall be in support of the School’s mission, vision, values, and dispositions. The MS Principal supervises the MS administrators, faculty members, host country staff, and students. This position reports to and is evaluated annually by the Head of School on the basis of this job description and objectives established on a yearly basis.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES and ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum Master’s degree
- Relevant administrative credential
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role or in an administrative capacity
- International experience in a similar school setting preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with MS curricular programs
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Advocate for Inclusion through Differentiated Instruction and EAL in the Mainstream
- Versed in the Understanding by Design model
- Student-centered decision maker
- Organizational ability, initiative, effective communicative and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
- Capability in making and communicating decisions
- Demonstrated resilience, resourcefulness, relating and reflectiveness
- Clear commitment to Child Protection, safety, service learning and environmental stewardship
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing, supervising and evaluating the instructional programs of the MS
- Coordinating periodic needs assessments of school programs
- Assisting the Deputy Head of School and Human Resources Manager in recruitment, performance management, development and retention of MS administrators, faculty members and host country staff
- Overseeing the selection of Heads of Department and team leaders
- Reviewing, evaluating and coordinating sound financial management, including accurate program budget planning and ongoing fiscal accountability
- Monitoring the establishment and assessment of student performance standards
- Setting agendas and providing direction for MS faculty meetings and managing in-service training in order to encourage staff development, and providing opportunities for professional growth
- Working with the MS Vice Principal to: (a) ensure that disciplinary guidelines are fairly and consistently applied, and (b) oversee preparation of the Master Schedule and the appropriate scheduling of all students
- Supervising the establishment and implementation of student referral procedures and execution of student ILP’s by MS faculty
- Ensuring the availability of co-curricular options for a broad range of students
- Serving as a member of the administrative team. Communicating and cooperating with the other administrators to achieve School goals.
- Providing for communications and public relations within the School community, including meeting regularly with parents
- Revising the MS Faculty Handbook and Student-Parent Handbook as necessary from year to year
- Performing other related duties and assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School
Interested qualified candidate, please send your cover letter, resume and 3 to 5 professional references to the Human Resources Manager, Megumi Runturambi, at email@example.com
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.