< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Oct 17, 21
Nov 22, 21
Established in 1995, Global Jaya School (GJS) has a history of consistent growth and positive change, as well as an ongoing commitment to offering a quality international education program. GJS is authorized by International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) to offer the IB Continuum: Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma programmes and is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and gained recognition as an SPK school via the Indonesian Ministry of Education. We are acknowledged and respected for our commitment to delivering excellent academic and extracurricular programs that prepare students to participate in the international community as valuable team members and leaders.
Global Jaya School is a non-denominational community that encourages and teaches respect for others by valuing Indonesian culture while embracing international cultural awareness and understanding. Our emphasis on community and inclusion makes it an ideal environment for students, parents, faculty and staff.
Global Jaya School facilitates the development of lifelong learners who:
- are creative problem solvers with a broad perspective of the world around them.
- are respectful, moral individuals who take pride in their national heritage.
- are equipped to participate in the international community as team members and leaders.
Based on the vision, Global Jaya School will:
-provide experiences through which the knowledge and skills necessary to encourage problem-solving are developed.
- cater for individual learning needs and a range of learning styles.
- develop students’ communication skills to actualise their academic potential in both English and Bahasa Indonesia or their mother tongue.
- deliver and enrich an internationally accredited curriculum within an Indonesian context.
The school’s campus is in a developed residential area outside the capital city of Jakarta, in the beautiful Bintaro Jaya area within South Tangerang. Global Jaya School resides on a 17-acre purpose-built campus that includes: ample classrooms, a soccer pitch, an indoor gymnasium, outdoor basketball courts, covered tennis courts, a well-appointed library, outdoor playing fields and playgrounds, design and computer labs, science labs, an outdoor covered canteen, outdoor swimming pool, and a Theatre/Fine-Arts Complex.
The Primary School Expatriate Principal reports to the Head of School and, along with the Primary School Indonesian Principal, drives, refines, and implements the school’s strategic vision for the Primary School section.
- Facilitates strategies to improve classroom instruction and increase student achievement.
- Connects research-based initiatives and innovative strategies to maximize the achievement of each learner.
- Monitors and evaluates the use of assessments to guide instructional practices and provide timely and accurate feedback to students and parents.
- Demonstrates and supports the importance of professional development by providing adequate time and resources for teachers and staff to participate in professional learning.
- Coordinates with the Curriculum Coordinator and Secondary Principals concerning whole school initiatives, professional development, and curriculum alignment.
- Analyzes data from multiple sources to inform decision-making related to student academic growth and school improvement.
- Provides evidence that students are meeting appropriate and measurable achievement goals.
- Reporting student assessment results to appropriate stakeholders.
- Oversees the Primary School improvement plan that results in increased student academic progress.
- Monitors and advises student behavioural and academic progress concerns and strategies
- Cultivates and reinforces the positive, engaging, and balanced learning environment within the school.
- Involve others in a way that empowers students to take responsibility for their growth and development.
- Provides timely formal, and informal, feedback to staff and faculty.
- Oversees the PYP Coordinator, Learning Diversity Specialist, Sports Coordinator, Curriculum Leaders, and all teachers (including the allocation of faculty to classes).
- Involves the staff and stakeholders in various planning processes, shares in management decisions, and delegates duties, as applicable.
FULL POSITION Description available at https://bit.ly/GJS-PSEP-Oct2021
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree (Educational Administration / or Primary Education preferred).
- Appropriate Administrative License (emphasis in Educational Administration preferred).
- Minimum of ten successful years of educational experience (Teaching and Administrative combined)
- Significant experience in leading a PYP school.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, leadership, and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Experience working in a school culture that supports English Language learners preferred.
- Indonesian law limits work visas to those fifty-eight years old or younger. Practically speaking, candidates should not be more than 54 when starting a contract.
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include:
- a tax-free salary
- furnished housing and utility allowance,
- health care
- annual home leave
- shipping allowance
- tuition benefits for Kindergarten – Year 12 school-age dependents.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send:
- a letter of application outlining interest and strengths as a candidate
- current resume
- educational philosophy and leadership statement
- contact details of three current professional referees with one being a current direct supervisor
All of the items mentioned above are requested to be scanned into a single pdf attachment and sent to email@example.com with the subject heading of “Primary School Expatriate Principal Application” by the deadline date of November 22, 2021.
The review of submissions will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that Global Jaya School reserves the right to make an appointment at any time if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Global Jaya School promotes and protects the safety and well-being of all who learn and work with us and expects all who apply to share in this commitment. Offers of interview and employment will be subject to an enhanced background, and criminal records check.