< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jun 17, 19
Sep 30, 19
VIS PRIMARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL POSITION
VIS is seeking a dynamic, progressive and experienced leader of learning who is interested in joining a community that is guided from a strong core: a clear mission, a progressive vision, meaningful values, and a research based set of learning principles.
The VIS Core:
We challenge, inspire, and empower our learners to develop their unique potential in our changing world.
We will lead the way toward a sustainable future
We value balance, respect, resilience, innovation and courage
We learn when we build and apply new understandings and skills in a variety of contexts.
The following research based learning principles guide our teaching practice:
- Learners at the center: Recognizing learners as core participants and encouraging active engagement.
- Learners are unique: Engaging all learners and adapting to individual needs.
- Learners have emotions: Understanding the role of emotion and being aware of individual motivations.
- Learners have potential: Embracing challenging expectations while understanding individual variations.
- Learners are collaborative: Recognizing the value of social interaction to engage with multiple perspectives.
- Learners make connections: Linking understandings and transferring learning to new situations.
- Learners are reflective: Having a clear purpose, understanding next steps, and using feedback to support growth.
And here is how we will make it all happen: Our VIS Road Map.
If you are a leader who is passionate about always keeping the learner at the core of your decision making, a flexible thinker who embraces innovation in teaching and learning, and a clear communicator who values serving others, we strongly encourage you to apply to this exciting opportunity.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong understanding of inquiry based teaching and learning
- Training and experience coaching teams and individuals
- Demonstrated initiative, organizational, communicative and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and ability to apply Professional Learning Community concepts
- Strong ICT [digital literacy] skills
- International experience in a similar school setting
- M.A./M.Ed./M. Sc. degree or equivalent
- Skilled and effective communicator
- Experience in relevant IB curriculum will be highly regarded
- Principal Certification or equivalent
Specific Job Description can be found here. Suitably qualified candidates should email their application no later than September 30, 2019 to the Head of School, Elsa H. Donohue at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should meet the following requirements:
- A cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate
- A current resume/CV with a recent photograph
- Contact details for three current referees including your supervisors in your current school.
- All documents submitted as a single pdf file
Finalists will be invited to visit campus to complete the process. The salary and benefits package will be regionally competitive and will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Details of the package will be made available to short-listed candidates. The initial contract has a duration of 3 years with subsequent annual renewal. The Principal reports to the Head of School.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.