< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Nov 2, 2023
Nov 30, 2023
An international school for children aged from two and half to eighteen, Baobab achieves international standards of academic and sporting excellence. With some of the finest sports and recreational grounds in Zambia, Baobab College has established itself as one of Zambia’s leading independent boarding schools. We pride ourselves on offering all children the space to learn, to grow and to succeed.
Our unique balance of traditional values and modern teaching methods means that all of our children are challenged to perform at the highest levels and our results are an impressive reflection of this commitment. Our students enjoy all the traditional subjects you would expect to find on the timetable along with a few modern additions such as IT, Design and Technology, and Food Technology, all of which are offered to examination level along with PE, Drama and Music.
Baobab College is located on an 100 acre campus South of the city. We are now a three tier school with Primary (Early years to Year 4), Middle school (Years 5 to 8) and Senior School (Years 9 to 13), each with their own area within the same campus. We also have boarding facilities, currently available for Year 7 upwards. All classrooms, including our early years, have interactive whiteboards in, and our facilities enable us to deliver a wide curriculum including Design and Technology and Food and Nutrition. We have recently completed our new school hall project and in recent years have built a state of the art Library and Administration block. With a current focus on the use of technology we have also introduced VR headsets and 'codeable' robotic kits across the school. Our 100 acre campus also includes extensive sports fields and swimming pooland we have an extremely strong pedigree in the National sporting events in Zambia.
• A suitable bachelor's degree in education or a related field
• A postgraduate degree in education or a related field, such as a Master's or Doctorate in Education
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership position in school
• A strong understanding of the British curriculum and its application in an international context
• Experience in managing a diverse and multicultural staff team
• Experience in managing budgets and resources effectively
• Excellent communication, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate experience in implementing effective educational programmes
• A track record of delivering outstanding academic results
• Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
• A commitment to professional development and ongoing learning
• Demonstrate experience and commitment to student and staff well-being
Salary and Benefits
In return for your expertise, we offer a highly competitive salary package, excellent working conditions, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and stimulating environment. If you have the passion and commitment to make a real difference in the lives of our students, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants should submit a letter of application and CV together with the names of three referees to:
The Chair of the Board of Governors by e-mail to: email@example.com Applications close on Thursday, 30th November, 2023. Baobab College reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found early.
Baobab College will only communicate with candidates who are short listed for interview. Baobab College is committed to safe recruitment and has rigorous checks. Short-listed Any successful applicant will be required to undergo thorough and extensive pre-employment checks.