< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Principal International Section
CHIREC International School (India)
Jan 3, 19
Apr 4, 19
Established in 1989 by Ratna D Reddy, CHIREC was founded as a vibrant summer camp for children to develop their skills in arts, sports, and technology. Over the last 30 years, CHIREC International School has grown to become a leader in K-12 education as an institution that instils a passion for learning, and innovation. CHIREC International School offers CBSE, IB and Cambridge curricula, and is recognized as one of the best schools in Hyderabad, Telangana and in India.
Mission: We strive to empower our community with skills to meet ever-changing global challenges, to be confident to take risks and make independent decisions, to have access to the most innovative technology and learning tools and most importantly to help instill values that create thoughtful and engaged individuals.
Our mission is to nurture the innate potential of our students to enable them to excel in whatever they choose. We help the students to grow and evolve into open-minded, ethical and caring individuals who are focused and encouraged to set goals, attain them and exceed expectations. Going beyond our commitment to rigorous academic excellence we offer opportunities for growth in Co-Curricular Activities, Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Sports, Community Service and opportunities to engage in internationally acclaimed events.
Philosophy: Our philosophy is based on ‘The Whole Child’ concept, which is a framework for the development of four key areas that are essential for shaping a balanced and all-rounded personality. Our holistic system of learning sets quality benchmarks that prepare our students for success in the volatile modern world.
What makes CHIREC different is that we highlight and address the needs of the students to make the most of their formative years. Our dedication to this goal has manifested in several innovative ways:
- Learning that goes beyond the boundaries of a set curriculum
- Equal emphasis on academics and co-curricular activities
- Technology-based teaching strategies for effective learning
- Close supervision of curriculum delivery and assessment
- Individual attention to enhance performance
- Appreciation for nature and sustainable green initiatives
- Development of a multicultural, multilingual and tolerant student community
- Exposure to global perspectives and engagement with international issues.
LOCATION: HYDERABAD, TELANGANA, INDIA
Hyderabad is the capital of southern India's Telangana state. A major center for the technology industry, it's home to many upscale restaurants and is an emerging city with its rich culture, warm and very much welcoming. Hyderabad is known to be safe and secured place to live in.
In Hyderabad, the wet season is oppressive and overcast, the dry season is mostly clear, and it is hot year-round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 61°F to 102°F and is rarely below 55°F or above 107°F. However, it is a great place to live in.
SCHOOL LOCATION: CHIREC INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL is located in the heart of the city- Kondapur and Gachibowli areas, 5 kms from HITECH CITY and 35kms from Airport.
Position: PRINCIPAL International section (CAIE, IBDP)
Requirement: A Principal Must Exhibit Leadership qualities and should be able to drive the team. Must be able to give guidance and add values to the International curricula and committed to Internationalism. Ability to create / maintain a teaching setup that fosters developing global citizens. Must be aware of recent developments in International curriculum. A good leader has to take responsibility for the successes and the failures of the school
Reporting Authority: DIRECTOR of the school
Education and certification requirements: Appropriate Educational and technical qualifications.
Experience: Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in a leadership role
General attributes for the positions:
- Good Communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to work in a team and interact with people.
- Result oriented, dynamic and having experience in similar jobs and exposure to corporate set up.
- Good Technical skills and updated knowledge.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Individual attention to Children is the distinctive feature of CHIREC practices.
- Principal is expected to know the strengths and weaknesses of each child under his charge.
- Must exhibit leadership when conducting class/stage meetings held once a week
- Lesson plans, procedures, duties, assessments and discipline challenges must be addressed in detail. must actively work towards the teachers guiding the students to get better grades.
- Will also be responsible for Academic-Admin Co-ordination of all the departments.
- Principal will be responsible for implementing the policies/guidelines of the school: -Disciplinary Guidelines- should be closely monitored, - Academic Honesty, - Subject Policies – IB and CAMBRIDGE, - Community Service.
- To monitor the board examination entries before the deadlines given by the CAIE and IBO. Should take up the responsibility as HOD for both CAIE and IBO.
- Will be responsible for overseeing the work of the examination committee including assessment and the recommendations of the teachers on the progress of the students.
- Must provide necessary advice for subject allotment to teachers, schedule for unit tests, evaluation tests and invigilation schedule. Plan PD and organize workshops, seminars and refreshers courses and conduct session for staff and students.
- Must guide the Teachers and Students for all core aspects of IBDP Programme, TOK , Extended Essay and CAS. Also guide Programme coordinator in related areas for all Govt. adopted schools by CHIREC.
- Must oversee the college and career guidance cell activities including creation of a SAT center for staff.
- Must be instrumental in organizing workshops, seminars, refreshers courses for the faculty members.
- Will be expected to teach a senior batch as per the advice of the management. He will also monitor the syllabus, week-wise plans and term plans.
- Plan PD and organize workshops, seminars and refreshers courses and conduct sessions for staff and students.
- To organize counseling sessions for the students of classes IX, X, XI and XII.
- To authorize transfer certificates and entries in the admission registers.
- To be a part of the process of recruitment of teaching staff. Giving necessary guidance and ensuring co-ordination, keeping in mind the requirements of the International Board.
- Attend professional development workshops
- Conduct orientation sessions for students, teachers and parents.
- To provide matter for website, social media. To check website for updated from time to time.
- Must ensure that all Communication to students, parents is done on a regular basis and nothing is kept pending.
- To plan and co-ordinate the work involved in publishing the annual magazine.
- Will be responsible for all the work related to IBO & Cambridge international examinations.
Apart from above mentioned job role, Principal of International section must also encourage parental involvement in all possible school programs namely- guest lectures, food tasting, etc. Must interact with the parents for the expected feedback on the performance of the students.
The Principal must ensure to provide the necessary academic leadership to keep the school academic program abreast with the latest updates/happenings of the International Curriculum.
TERMS of Employment: The initial appointment will be for a 3-year period. Renewal is at the discretion of the Sr.Management team. Salary and benefits commensurate with professional qualifications, skills and experience.
Application procedure: Candidates can directly send their profile along with 1 passport size picture and their testimonials to email@example.com
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.
Please note this school is not a registered member of Search Associates.
Glimpses of students – CHIREC INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
ROBOTICS LAB INNOVATION @ CHIREC
TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITIES
FIELD TRIPS – EDUCATIVE, INFORMATIVE FILLED WITH ADVENTURES.