< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Sep 19, 21
Oct 22, 21
Dunecrest American School in Dubai offers a holistic and challenging American educational program founded on the values of academic excellence, creativity, independence, international mindedness, wellness, innovation and service. With experienced leadership, dedicated and caring educators and state-of-the-art facilities, Dunecrest inspires students to pursue their passions and become lifelong learners. The school opened its doors in September 2018 to 200 students and now has over 500 students in its fourth year of operation. The school’s enrollment in September 2022 is expected to be approximately 700 students. In its first three years of operation, Dunecrest has been awarded accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and graduated its first class with graduates earning IB Diplomas and/or US High School Diplomas. Dunecrest is owned and operated by Esol Education, which operates exceptional American schools around the world in locations including Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Cairo, Nicosia and Lebanon.
Dunecrest American School offers a full KG-G12 college prep curriculum based on US Common Core (Math and English), Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), and American Education Reaches Out (AERO) Standards, delivered by a highly motivated staff of certified and experienced teachers. The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB DP) is offered as an option for students in Grades 11 and 12. Students who do not choose to pursue the full IB Diploma may still earn IB Certificates in specific subjects. There will be a requirement to add at least two Advanced Placement subjects to the American Diploma Program for the next academic year 2022-23.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Principal Certification
- A proven track record in educational leadership, including at least three years of experience as a school administrator at a quality American or international school
- The ability to lead and work collaboratively with a large and talented team of teachers, administrators and other school personnel
- A strong and outgoing personal presence
- Proven commitment to a well-balanced, rigorous and supportive program that focuses on the whole child
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to reach out to many constituencies
- The ability to recruit and retain highly qualified teachers
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures and situations
Salary and Benefits
Dunecrest American School offers an initial contract term of three years (renewable). The salary and benefits package are competitive. Benefits include a housing allowance, personal car, relocation allowance, international medical insurance, and free tuition for dependent children.
August 1, 2022
Dunecrest American School seeks to appoint a Principal for the Middle/High School division, which is expected to have 350 students at the beginning of the 2022-23 school year. Reporting to the School Director, the Principal will assist with the development and delivery of an integrated, holistic, well-organized, and enjoyable teaching and learning program.
The Principal will have overall responsibility for the organizational, operational and academic functions of the Middle/High School, including working with the Director and other leaders to recruit, develop and retain outstanding faculty and staff. The Principal will also work with the Director and fellow school leaders to formulate the school’s strategic plans and programs and develop a broad set of policies and procedures in support of the strategy.
The Principal will assume significant responsibility for curriculum review, development, and implementation (CRDI) in the Middle and High School divisions.
As a collaborative and welcoming school leader, the Principal will also make meaningful contributions toward building a strong sense of community and positive culture within the school.
- While collaborating with other members of the administrative team, ensure that the intent of the school’s Mission and Vision statements are manifest in all areas of the school’s curriculum and organizational plan
- Support academic subject teams in their development, understanding and implementation of the curriculum
- Work with the School Director, IB Coordinator, and Middle/High School teachers to ensure compliance with all IB Diploma Programme authorization criteria, MSA accreditation requirements and UAE Ministry and regulatory bodies.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to student academic, behavioral, and emotional development
- Play a key role in monitoring and evaluating school performance
- Oversee off-campus learning experiences
- Assist with the organization of Extra Curricular Activities (ECA’s)
- Develop timetables, schedules and procedures/protocols to ensure the effective delivery of educational services
- Assist in the development and administration of policies dealing with discipline, conduct, and attendance
- Review professional growth plans and conduct teacher evaluations as required
- Identify teacher training needs and plan and deliver professional development activities in accordance with the school’s curriculum plan and pedagogical and assessment frameworks
- Oversee assessment and reporting procedures and proof and edit reports as required
- Assist with the procurement of equipment and resources for the program
- Assist with the development of the orientation program for new and returning faculty
- Assist with the recruitment of faculty as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
Applications should be received by October 22, 2021. The following application materials are required:
- Expression of interest
- A current CV with photograph and the contact details of 3 professional referees (at least one from a supervisor at your current school)
- One-page statement of educational philosophy and leadership style
Please send documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.