< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Oct 24, 19
Nov 30, 19
Shen Wai International School
Secondary Assistant Principal
Effective August 1, 2020
The SWIS Story
SWIS modestly opened its doors in 2011 with one Nursery and one Pre-Kindergarten class with a total of 36 students. Since then, SWIS has grown into a dynamic learning community of over 1060 students from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12.
In its short history, SWIS has achieved authorization to provide the International Baccalaureate Organization’s (IBO) Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). SWIS is also a Counsel of International School (CIS) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredited school.
Shen Wai International School develops confident, open-minded, lifelong learners and inspires students to take action as responsible global citizens.
Inspiring Global Minds
SWIS is seeking a dynamic and experienced Secondary Division Assistant Principal to facilitate the ongoing strategic development of the SWIS Secondary Division. The Secondary Assistant Principal is a full time leadership position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an integral member of the Secondary School Leadership Team by developing a positive working relationship with all staff members.
- Coordinate ‘student life’ activities including but not limited to: secondary LBCs, division wide assemblies, house activities and student council.
- Collaboratively maintain a discipline referral system that documents student issues/concerns.
- Address student discipline issues while promoting a system of restorative practice.
- Monitor at risk students and provide strategies for development.
- Supervise grade-level mentors and maintain/develop the Secondary School Advisory Program.
- Conduct admissions assessments and interview in conjunction with the Principal.
- Collaborate with the EY&P Assistant Principal to ensure vertical alignment of pastoral care.
- Oversee the new student orientation process.
- Collaborate on the leadership and management of school-wide events.
- Oversea the transition of students in the PYP to the MYP and review the transition program on a yearly basis.
- Collaborate with the College and Personal Counselors to address individual student needs.
- Support and advise Secondary School faculty with student behavior and developmental strategies.
- Model positive interaction between teachers and students and maintain effective communication systems with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate substitute teachers for staff absences and manage the teacher daily bulletin and student weekly bulletin.
- Facilitate resolution of parent complaints with the SLT and provide solutions that parallel SWIS policies and procedures.
- Assist the Principal in the re-evaluation of the Community Handbook.
- Manage and maintain the teacher duty roster.
- Work with the Principal to develop an appropriate program of professional development.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Secondary Principal to ensure the effective running of day-to-day operations.
- Minimum 2 years educational leadership/coordination experience.
- Masters Degree in Educational Leadership or Curriculum.
- Experience with staff development, cognitive coaching and appraisal.
- Curricular development experience in the MYP and/or DP.
- Experience running day-to-day operations of an international school division.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain an effective working school culture of trust with students, parents and staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively, and effectively problem solve.
- Experience using Managebac.
- Kind natured, accessible and visible.
- Understands the Chinese context.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
SWIS provides the follow package to its principals:
- A competitive salary
- An end of contract bonus
- Global medical care
- Housing on campus or a housing allowance
- Annual return airfare
- PD allowance
- Paid tuition for children attending SWIS
- Shipping allowance
- Settling allowance
To apply please send:
- A one-page letter of application.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages and including a recent picture.
- A list of references including current contact information of three school administrators with whom you have worked.
- A maximum of three letters of reference.
to: Mr. Daniel Legault - Deputy Director (Academics) email@example.com and cc to: Ms. Lynn Huang – HR Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications – 30th November, 2019
SWIS reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the application deadline. SWIS therefore encourages interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.