< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Jun 10, 21
Oct 31, 21
Start Date: 1st August 2022
The mission of Xi’an Liangjiatan International School is to be a not-for-profit school which enables confident, open-minded, global citizens through life-long learning and a sense of community. The school is seeking a Secondary School Principal to further this mission. The Secondary Principal will serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, with the Primary School Principal, Head of Brand Development, Head of Logistics, Deputy Head of School and Head of School.
- The Secondary School Principal will always act in the best interests of the school.
- Lead the school in the continuous improvement of the IB programs.
- Consistently uphold the school’s values.
- Work closely with the coordinators and staff to enhance effective professional relationships.
- Develop and articulate a shared vision and strategic development plan for the school curriculum.
- Promote and display high standards and expectations.
- Encourage and further develop whole school collaboration.
- Work alongside the coordinators to improve learning and teaching.
- The Secondary Principal should deal with severe or consistent behavior issues.
Leadership and Management:
- Prepare each year’s teaching plan. Submit next academic year’s plan and the conclusion, reflection to the Deputy Head of School before July. Submit the annual report to the Deputy Head of School before June.
- Review and lead the development of the school curriculum in collaboration with the coordinators and teachers to ensure that the objectives of the programme are clear and available to all staff, and that unit plans support these objectives. Class observation should be carried for secondary school teachers every academic year, and an assessment report for each teacher should be submitted.
- Maintain and manage curriculum documentation to ensure it is available to all staff.
- Work closely with the coordinators to ensure subject teachers and relevant staff ensure the continuity of curriculum and assessment practices of the school.
- Submit each secondary classes schedule and each teacher’s timetable to the deputy head of school by the 20th of July so that the Deputy Head of School will revise the schedules.
- Ensure coordinators prepare/collect all the necessary documents and materials to meet the requirements of internal and external assessment procedures and that they dispatch them on time.
- Review school assessment results and provide a statistical analysis to the Deputy Head of School.
- Review and ensure the practice of the schools assessment policy.
- All the reports should be signed both by the Secondary School Principal and the Head of School.
- Oversee the ordering of texts and supplies, keep records of orders placed, and help allocate the budget to coordinators based on their programme requirements, submit the annually budget of the Secondary department to the finance department by November 15th.
- Direct and assist coordinators and the librarian in maintaining records of resource allocation.
- Attend the regular senior leadership meeting which is held in every Friday and report recently work and discuss, make important decisions with other principals.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with the coordinators to ensure departments are fully aware of issues being discussed in management meetings.
- Distribute agendas and minutes from management meetings to coordinators and the senior leadership team.
- Distribute relevant correspondence to each coordinator if appropriate.
- Guide teachers to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with parents to provide effective feedback on student progress and issues.
- Review the Secondary curriculum areas of the Staff Handbook annually. Support and monitor the school professional standards in collaboration with the MYP & DP coordinators.
- Overview the placement of students into their correct year levels and ability groups, and guide the teachers’ in improvement of each student’s academic performance.
- Collaborate with the Head of HR with regards to teachers cover requests and applications for leave.
- Oversee appropriate professional development plans for the improvement of the IB programmes which align with the Schoolwide Action Plan.
- Lead the strategic approach to timetabling and ensuring curriculum productivity.
- Develop effective teams to ensure the successful implementation of the Schoolwide Action Plan.
- Be responsible for facilitating all Secondary School reporting. Create an annual assessment programme in liaison with the coordinators.
- Regularly attend programme planning sessions.
- Assist the Deputy Head of School in the selection, interviewing, and appointment of staff to their departments.
- Participate in the school Professional Growth Programme with the HR department, completing interviews, walk through observations, and lesson observations throughout the year.
- Take charge of the safety of the secondary school as main responsible person, lead safety education and child protection training for teachers and students on a regular basis. Fulfill safety responsibilities during the processes of recruitment including a through reference check.
- Complete the temporary tasks assigned by the High-tech Administrative Committee and High-tech Education Bureau, according to their schedule.
- Master’s degree in educational leadership or curriculum
- At least two years leadership experience in a secondary school
- Understanding of the philosophy of the IBMYP and IBDP
- Internationally recognized teaching qualification
- Understanding and commitment to accreditation self-study
- Record of effective leadership and management
- Understanding of documentation and best practices in reporting
- Understanding of working in an EAL environment and an ability to lead differentiation of instruction
- Commitment to child protection
- An awareness of emotional intelligence that transfers into respecting self and others as well as strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate in accordance with XLIS code of ethics
How to Apply:
Send one PDF file with the following information to email@example.com prior to October 31st.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of four references