< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Search Associates (USA)
Jan 12, 22
Feb 11, 22
Search Associates seeks to appoint a
for territory in the USA
Start date: July 2022
Search Associates, established in 1990, is widely recognized as the leading recruitment consultancy in the field of international education at primary and secondary levels. The group is currently instrumental in well over 3000 appointments every year of teachers and school leaders, who move into jobs in our large and steadily growing network of international schools worldwide. It is a global partnership of experienced and dedicated Senior Associates, each managing and operating a territory within the structure of the larger organization.
We currently have one opening for the position of Senior Associate to manage the company’s recruitment efforts in the following US territory:
· New England, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia
Applicants for these positions must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) and living in the US. Strong preference will be given to an applicant residing in one of the US states listed above.
The appointment will be for an initial period of 5 years, renewable subject to mutual agreement.
General responsibilities of a Senior Associate
- Seeking out and identifying enthusiastic and talented educators in assigned territory who have an interest in working overseas and educating them on the benefits of international teaching.
- Connecting them with the steadily growing number of outstanding international schools in membership using Search Associates’ proprietary database and network of global job fairs.
- Effective and vigorous marketing within the territory to attract new candidates. This will include an active presence at all relevant teacher conferences within the territory, outreach to potential candidates at teacher training colleges, holding marketing events/webinars within the territory and marketing through social media.
- Managing candidate applications to include reviewing, screening, and registering applicants, and advising them on all aspects of their international job search.
- Identifying any potential new member schools within these states that meet Search Associates membership criteria and doing appropriate marketing to such schools.
- Working effectively on common strategies to harness the full potential of the US education market.
- Working collaboratively with the global team of Senior Associates, Executive Team, Senior Consultants, and other members of the organization in furthering the mission of Search Associates “to partner with quality international schools and exceptional educators to serve and enrich learning worldwide.”
- Working collaboratively with the global team of Senior Associates, Executive Team, Senior Consultants and other members of the organization in furthering our DEI strategic focus and plan
- 3 to 5 years of US teaching experience as a teacher and/or administrator.
- At least 5 years of overseas international school knowledge and experience.
- Experience in a formal leadership position such as an assistant principal, divisional principal, head of teaching and learning, deputy head, head of school etc., is preferred
- Committed to fully adopting and actively supporting Search Associates DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) initiatives, policies, and practices.
- A positive entrepreneurial spirit to grow the business within the territory.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to build rapport with candidates, flexibility of approach, good listening skills and the patience to counsel candidates through a difficult decision process.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- High level of proficiency in the operational use of technology to include excel, TEAMS, power point, google drive, etc.
This position will be an independent contractor status (1099 in US tax terms) to Search Associates with the appointee being responsible for their own health insurance and other mandatory payments as required by applicable US law.
At Search Associates we are on a journey to creating a more inclusive and equitable organization and are committed to help shape a more inclusive and diverse international school community. We recognize that representation in our organization is an essential step, along with creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where people can show up and thrive, no matter their identities. We strongly encourage applications from perspectives that are missing or underrepresented in our organization, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), LGBTQ+ leaders and leaders from other marginalized groups.
How to apply
If you are interested in exploring these opportunities further, please send Melinda Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following documents, collated into one single pdf file and in the email subject heading - USA Senior Associate application :
- A letter briefly explaining your motivation for joining the Search Associates team and what you can offer.
- A personal statement about your career achievements and future career aspirations.
- Your current CV (no more than 2 pages)
- A list of three referees (senior people well acquainted with you both professionally and personally), with their current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
The final application deadline is February 11, 2022. Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early in the search process, Search Associates reserves the right to close these appointments before the published deadline. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.