< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Search Associates (Worldwide)
Dec 24, 21
Jan 24, 22
Search Associates Seeks to Appoint Senior Consultants
to Join Our Growing Consulting Services Team
Start date: June 2022
Search Associates, established in 1990, is recognized as the leading recruitment and consulting agency for international schools, educational organizations, and educators (teachers, professionals, and leaders) worldwide. Our Team is currently responsible for over 3000 appointments of educators annually, who find careers in our large and steadily growing network of international schools and organizations. Please see www.searchassociates.com to learn more about Search Associates.
Consulting Services Team Opportunity
The Search Associates Consulting Services Team offers customized consulting services including Leadership Searches, School Governance, Leadership Mentoring & Coaching, Strategic Planning, Succession Planning, Finance & Business, Compensation & Feasibility Studies, and Human Resources Management & Employee Relations. Our Consulting Services Team is a multi-national team of consultants with extensive experience in both not-for-profit and for-profit educational settings around the world. Senior Consultants are carefully matched to each search or consulting service assignment based on specialty area(s), knowledge, and geographic expertise.
Search Associates has placed more than 850 exceptional and innovative leaders worldwide including Heads of School, Superintendents, Principals, Executive Directors, CEOs, and Director Level Leaders in Human Resources, Advancement, Business, Finance & Operations, Communications, Marketing, Safety & Security, and Students Support Services.
We are currently looking to bring new Senior Consultants on to our growing team!
Competencies and Skills
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Expertise in one, or ideally in multiple, of the service areas within our Consulting Services practice (presented above)
- Highly developed educational/organizational leadership skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Extraordinary communication (speaking, writing, listening), customer-service, organizational, and relationship-building skills
- Skillful and effective teaching, training, facilitation, coaching, counseling, and mentoring skills
- Collaboration, problem-solving, and team skills
- Language proficiency in English and another World Language would be a plus
- Technology proficiency in business and communications platforms
- Intercultural awareness and success in navigating other cultures/countries
- Commitment to working with internal and external Search Associates partners to further our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) goals and to embrace Search Associates DEI Guiding Statement
- Significant proficiency as it relates to project planning, and interviewing and vetting job candidates against skill and competency requirements
- Highly developed public speaking and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive
Search Associates Senior Consultants will be offered a multi-year employment contract and the earnings potential will be attractive. Senior Consultants work remotely and can be located anywhere in the world (with access to reliable communications and travel infrastructures). Search Associates is based in the United States and is a US employer. Senior Consultants are independent contractors (1099 in US tax terms) and are responsible for their own health insurance and other mandatory payments as required by applicable US law (and/or their own home country). While consulting assignments are made throughout the year, the workweek is not regular, or full-time.
How to apply
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please send Melinda Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following documents, collated into one single pdf file:
- A letter briefly explaining your motivation for joining the Search Associates team and highlight any of the specialty areas and/or geographic in which you have expertise
- A personal statement about your career achievements and future career aspirations.
- Your current CV (no more than 2 pages)
- A list of three (3) referees (who are well acquainted with you both professionally and personally), their current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses (referees will not be contact without your advance permission)
The final application deadline is January 24, 2022. Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are early in the search process, Search Associates reserves the right to close these appointments before the published deadline. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
At Search Associates we are on a journey to create a more inclusive and equitable organization and we are committed to help shape a more inclusive and diverse international school community. We recognize that representation in our organization is an essential step, along with creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where people can show up and thrive, no matter their identities.
We strongly encourage applications from perspectives that are missing or underrepresented in our organization, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), LGBTQ+ candidates and candidates from other marginalized groups.