< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Vice-Principal Middle School
Shanghai American School (China)
Appointed - Position has been filled
Sep 2, 16
Sep 30, 16
SHANGHAI AMERICAN SCHOOL
TITLE: VICE PRINCIPAL – MIDDLE SCHOOL
SALARY SCALE: VP SALARY SCALE
CONTRACT: 210 Days
Under the direction of the Middle School Principal, the Vice Principal will assist with school leadership responsibilities that increase the scope of support to students, teachers, and parents in the middle school.
SUPERVISED, EVALUATED BY AND REPORTS TO:
Principal, Middle School
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership,Curriculum/Instruction, or Counseling - Candidates who will complete their degree program within a year are welcome to apply
- Certification in Educational Leadership - Candidates who will complete their degree program within a year are welcome to apply
- Educational leadership experience - Assistant principal, department chair, team leader, committee chair, etc.
- Solid teaching experience including - middle school teaching experience - a demonstrated ability to meet the unique needs of adolescents
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative leadership
- Demonstrated ability to manage and follow-through on the details required for the day-to-day operation of a division that serves over 420 students with more than 60 faculty and staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills which allow the candidate to work effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other administrators
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to easily learn a wide range of software (experience using student data management systems like PowerSchool preferred)
- Demonstrated commitment to current best practices in teaching and learning including professional learning communities, standards-based assessment and reporting, as well as project-based learning
- Demonstrated experience with educational technology and 1:1 programs
- Work in partnership with Principal
- toward the actualization of the SAS Mission and Core Values
- to ensure a strong sense of community and student empowerment
- to provide leadership in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- in the supervision and evaluation of faculty and staff with a strong emphasis on professional growth
- to recruit high quality faculty and staff
- Model values through appearance, warmth, sincerity, concern, fairness, consistency, tactfulness, etc.
- Manage day-to-day divisional operations including master scheduling, individual student scheduling, divisional logistics, calendars, duty rosters, emergency plans, special school-wide programs, events, facilities needs, etc., etc., etc.
- Provide administrative supervision for events outside the regular school day
- Work with other administrators, counselors, and teachers in maintaining appropriately articulated documentation (student handbooks, report cards, forms, etc.)
- Work in partnership with parents to support student learning including when disciplinary concerns arise
- Support counselors and teachers in working with students experiencing significant academic or emotional concerns
- Serve as member of the Puxi campus leadership team, divisional leadership team(s), and student support team
- Serve as Acting Principal in Principal’s absence
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
- That each employee makes a significant contribution to our success,
- That contribution should not be limited to the assigned responsibilities.
Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee or SAS to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
Candidates interested in this position should submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Personal Statement
A brief statement describing why the candidate wishes to work and live in Shanghai, how they can contribute to the development of our school and their experience in curriculum mapping and technology integration.
- Employment History / Curriculum Vitae
Details outlining qualifications, degrees, teacher certification and work experience.
- Two Letters of Reference
Two letters of reference from supervisors familiar with the candidate's performance in the type of work the candidate would perform at SAS.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.