January 3 - 6, 2015
Fair Organizer: Nick Kendell
MELBOURNE SEARCH FAIR.
Welcome to the Melbourne Search Associates International Job Fair.
This is the
earliest fair of the year, so teaching candidates have the first opportunity to impress the
schools and recruiters. The teachers who receive invitations to this fair
are are passionate about their students and have a proven track
record. This is traditionally the most successful Search Associates fair in terms of candidate placements. Please see the tab, 'Schools Attending' for an up to date record of registered schools. This list will grow as schools finalise their hiring needs. We anticipate around 60 international schools will be in attendance and approximately 240 candidates. We would love to see you there!
The Langham Melbourne
Southgate Ave, Southbank
(3) 8696 8888
Fax + 61 3
Nick Kendell firstname.lastname@example.org
The Langham, One Southgate Ave, Melbourne
Melbourne 3 - 6 January 2015.
Saturday 3rd January
· 9:00 a.m. till 1:00 p.m. Candidate Registration. (Pre-function area).
· 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. COMPULSORY Candidate Meeting in the Clarendon Ballroom.
· 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Introduction to the IB programmes – OPTIONAL. See below -
12:00 p.m. - 12:40 p.m. PYP - Recommended for Primary Teachers, presented by Nick Kendell.
12:50 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. MYP/IB Diploma- Recommended for Middle School and High School Teachers, presented by Diedre Fischer (former Director of a number of International Schools)
$15 per 40-minute session, (including GST) in the Clarendon Ballroom.
· 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. School presentations (4 running simultaneously). These will be listed on our Fair page towards the end of 2014.
· 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. SCI Employee Benefits presentation (free). Gavin Snook and partners will be presenting information on financial planning and tax implications for local teachers moving overseas. (Highly recommended).
· 7:30 p.m onwards Optional: Meet for drinks at P.J O'Brien's downstairs. (Check into the Melbourne Job Fair event on our Facebook page to receive a free drink).
Sunday 4th January
· 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Candidate Registration continues in the Pre-function area.
· 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. School presentations (4 running simultaneously).
· 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sign- ups with Schools for Interviews in Clarendon Ballroom, Pre-function area and Swanston Rooms.
· 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Interviews as arranged during sign-ups.
Monday 5th January
· Interviews as arranged.
· 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Social Function for Candidates & Recruiters at the Langham Hotel (Clarendon Ballroom). Proudly sponsored by Search Associates.
Tuesday 6th January
· Interviews as arranged. You are free to leave as soon as your interviews are finished.
· Before you leave the fair please collect your hanging file from the mailbox and bring it to a Search Associates staff member. ALSO, hand your evaluation form and have a quick debrief on your experience.
Recruitment fair Comments
"The whole experience of the job fair in Melbourne was completely surreal. I went in without any real expectations of landing myself a position, but I ended up having 11 interviews and receiving 4 job offers! I think most of that is down to your advice to 'be open'. The best bit is that the job I have accepted is at a school that has been on my wishlist for months! I'm so excited about working at ISB and starting a new adventure in Beijing in 6 months.
I just want to take a moment to thank you for all your support, particularly at the fair where there were moments when I thought my head was going to explode! The fair was so well organised and was an experience I'll never forget. Dealing with you and Search Associates has been so easy, ever since that seminar in Auckland back in July (that I only registered for at the last minute). You do such an amazing job and you have made the whole life changing process far more manageable and far less terrifying.
I will be recommending you to every teacher I know!"
“Thank you for hosting the Search Associates Job Fair in Melbourne over the weekend. I was both impressed with the venue, quantity and quality of schools, but more so, the professional organisation of the three days. The time and effort in preparation of the weekend was evidently large and well thought out. However, of most significance for me over the weekend, were the people. Your availability to help with questions and information was priceless, the boys and girls at sign in super helpful at the drop of a hat and the recruiters, down to earth and easy to speak with.
I look forward to my new job at Jakarta International School, and thank you again for helping me achieve this reality.”
My Husband and I are delighted with our Fair outcome and would like to thank Nick and Paula - along with the entire Fair staff - for a fantastic week-end of not only professional experiences, but a relaxed, friendly and very stress free job search! Melbourne Fair was our first experience with Search Associates and one that we have already spread word of with our friends and colleagues. The family atmosphere made our time in Melbourne more enjoyable and we have been hesitant to finalise our account as it feels like we are 'cutting off from family' ! Thank you SEARCH - our best wishes to you all.
Mandy and Mark
“The fair has been a very positive experience for me. I have enjoyed my time and felt very relaxed. Nick, you and your team have done a fabulous job- there is a genuine caring atmosphere and I feel like I’ve had a holiday, too.”
“I have really enjoyed the experience of the job fair. My interviews were positive and I hope something may eventuate. I got a lot out of the presentations, it was good to hear a range of school philosophies and allowed me to make more informed decisions about the type of schools I would be suited to. Thanks for all your hard work.”
“Fantasic event and really helpful! We tried to organise international jobs independently last year and it was much easier (and successful) through Search! Massive thanks to all at Search for their help and honesty.”
Caroline and Stebben
“Have had a fantastic, busy, hectic, fun and exciting time. It has all been well organised and gone smoothly. We have seen the benefits of organisation and research pay off. Thank you for all the help, support and guidance."
Laura and Peter
“SENSATIONAL! I am completely amazed and overwhelmed with the running of the fair. It was such a great experience, especially to have offers made. Thank you for the opportunity.”
"A really well run fair - first I’ve been to so was surprised at how intense/ full on the 3 days were. Met some great people. Recruiters that I interviewed with were excellent- put me at ease. Very positive feedback. Presentations from schools were very informative.”
“The whole experience has been extremely professional. Nick approached us when we first walked through the door and knew who we were. Everyone has been so friendly and inclusive. The kids and support staff were fantastic. The roller coaster description Nick gave us at the briefing was very helpful. We will definitely use Search again in the future!
Meryn and Dean
“A very positive learning experience throughout the recruitment fair. In interviews I have been asked some very reflective questions which I enjoyed. A great opportunity to network, share stories and an excellent form of professional development- seeing how other educators work with students.”