School Application Process
Welcome to Search Associates! Completing your online application is the first step to becoming an active registered school. We appreciate your choice of our organization to assist you and we look forward to working with you.
Schools wishing to have access to our comprehensive services such as recruiting, administrative searches, Board Consulting and/or advertising opportunities must first begin by completing the following:
- Apply: Successful completion of the online school application and acceptance of the agreement with Search Associates gives us the basic information we need to start our evaluation process.
- Review: New school applications are reviewed first by our Schools Coordinator and then by our Executive Management Committee. Characteristics of the schools that are approved generally include:
- Appropriate salaries and benefits as compared with other reputable international schools around the world, allowing staff to live comfortably, travel during the holiday periods and still generate financial savings
- Housing or housing allowance (unless housing costs are adequately covered by the salary)
- Round-trip transportation/travel allowance
- Health insurance (worldwide)
- Annual (or biennial) home leave
- Free tuition for children
- Supportive professional work environment
- More Information: The review process may lead us to ask a school to provide more information about any aspect of the school's operation or about the salary/benefits package offered.
- Approval/Rejection: Once all of the information provided is carefully reviewed, you will receive notice of your approval/rejection and the reasons for the decision.
- Payment of one-time only membership fee
Recruitment and membership Fees
Each school accepted by Search Associates is required to pay a one-time only US$2000 initial membership fee in order to be added to the list of actively registered schools and gain access to our database and comprehensive services.
Annual Database Fee
- There is no annual database fee for schools that register and attend any of our job fairs or hire a Search candidate within one academic year.
- Schools that do not register to attend any of our job fairs, and/or have not hired a Search candidate through our database within an academic year, will be required to pay a US$500 database fee.
Search Associates recruitment fees vary to some extent according to the Associate issuing the invoice, but are always based on the US dollar fees. These are currently:
- US$ 1600.00 for a teacher or intern
- US$ 2600.00 for an administrator.
International Schools apply to Search Associates as a whole and not with a single office or Associate. For questions regarding the application process, please contact our Schools Coordinator, Nazgol Adili, and she will be happy to assist you. As always, please feel free to contact any of our Senior Associates directly.
It is important to know that all of the information listed on your school application MUST be completed by or thoroughly reviewed by your School Head.