Our Consulting Services Division is staffed with a team of Senior Consultants, all of whom have been successful school heads across the globe. They bring expertise in a range of international school operations, including board governance, strategic planning, curriculum development, business & finance operations, marketing, and much more! This combination of practical knowledge, a global perspective and personalized attention that our Consultants provide sets us apart from any other recruiting firm.
For information about Business & Finance, HR, Admissions & Advancement and Marketing services, please contact Rajiv Bhat, Senior Consultant.
BUSINESS & FINANCE: Implement Best Practices to help you achieve your mission.
- Financial modeling and budgeting.
- Divisional profitability and tuition analysis.
- Procurement (purchasing) best practices.
- Finance office staffing, policies, manuals, audit and compliance.
- Enrollment analysis, class size, campus capacity.
- Benchmarks and key ratios relevant for international schools.
- Opportunities for income diversification.
- Co/Extra – Curricular efficiency in fees and funding.
- Balance sheet and loan portfolio optimization.
- Webinars and online workshops on key business and finance processes.
ADMISSIONS: Build your school's applications, enrolment and retention
- Optimize department structure, roles and skillsets to grow enrolment.
- Develop an effective enrollment pipeline, improve retention and maximize reenrollment.
- Understand enrolment pipeline to improve forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop an effective admissions enrolment reporting dashboard.
- Build an exceptional customer experience to strengthen relationships and conversion.
- Understand your market, create a plan to optimize outreach and engagement.
- Review and optimize admissions CRM software at your school.
- Developing the most effective Admissions Policies.
HUMAN RESOURCES: Attract the best talent to your school.
- Assessment of the school’s overall value proposition for employees.
- Improved recruitment, onboarding, and retention practices.
- Compensation benchmarking.
- HR policies and procedures including staff handbook and other materials.
- Developing the optimal mix of overseas and host country national employees.
- HR department staffing and budgeting.
- Designing a new employee mentorship program.
- Performance evaluation systems and procedures.
- Review and recommendations of school policies on DEI and child protection.
ADvancement: DEVELOPMENT, FUNDRAISING AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
- Optimize department structure, roles, and skillsets to support Advancement initiatives.
- Create a vision and strategic plan for fundraising to grow income, engagement and alumni relations.
- Build a compelling narrative to support school capital projects, scholarships and teaching and learning needs.
- Create a 5-year roadmap with campaigns, programs and income targets.
- Develop compelling materials and engaging programs and events for parents, alumni and other donors.
- Optimize Fundraising and Alumni CRM platforms. Establish best practice Fundraising and donor policies.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS: Enhance your school’s brand presence.
- A marketing & communications strategic plan that creates a powerful narrative and story about your school.
- Guidance on overall school branding and brand identity.
- An improved communications toolbox, including website, social media and email marketing.
- Marketing strategy to effectively compete in your market.
- Managing communications for fundraising campaigns, school events, sports meets, student artistic events, school Annual Reports etc.
- Developing an affordable marketing and communications budget.
- Webinars and workshops on best practices in school branding.
For information about our other services listed below, please contact George Entwistle, Director of Consulting Services.
- Developing Good Governance: Includes roles and responsibilities, effective practices, and implementation methods.
- Board Structure and Composition: Provides ways to move to a more "hybrid" or self-perpetuating board by reviewing and revising constitutions and by-laws.
- Policy and Procedure Reviews: Includes “slimming” policy manuals to shift procedures to operational handbooks. Also includes aligning policies and practices, evaluating and recommending policies.
- Board and Head Evaluation Methods:
- Transition Planning: Provides information designed for heads, boards, and board chairs.
- Strategic Planning: Includes school mission and vision, strategic goal-setting, action-planning, evaluating, and updating.
- Start-up School Planning and Assistance
- Feasibility Studies: Includes school expansion, additional programs (such as a high school program), etc.
- Survey Design and Data Analysis: Provides professional support and advice in audience identification, survey design, data collection, and analysis.
ADMINISTRATION / PERSONNEL
- School Institutional Assessments: Provides ideas from an external, objective, and professional perspective.
- Staff Communication, Decision-Making, and Team-Building: Includes cross-cultural methods, effective and efficient meetings, etc.
- Community Involvement Strategies
- Compensation Reviews
- Teacher Recruitment and Retention Strategies
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
- Guidance Services: Includes student advising, development, and leadership in areas related to secondary guidance, life-skills, and college counseling programs.
- Curriculum Development: Includes introduction of IB, bilingual, experiential and service learning programs.
- Host Culture and Cross-Cultural Studies: Provides ways to integrate your host country into your regular curriculum.