< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Gerard Steiert
Jan 6, 16
Feb 4, 16
Advanced Learning Schools
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Advanced Learning Schools
The Advanced Learning Schools has been in existence for the last ten years and is a private, English language, international day school that offers a full instructional programme, from Kindergarten to grade 12, for boys and girls who meet the admission requirements. Twenty percent of the curriculum is studied in Arabic: Arabic Language, Arabic Social Studies and Islamic Studies.
The school year consists of two semesters: September to January and February to June. The school calendar is aligned with state, private and international schools. The school day runs from 07:30 to 14:30, Sunday to Thursday.
Whilst the school runs an international programme (IB PYP, MYP and DP) the student body is 98% Saudi.
The school is currently operating in a villa compound but will soon be moving to a state of the art purpose built school on the edge of Riyadh. The classes are mixed up until Grade 4 but at that point the boys and girls are segregated. The Boys’ Section currently houses 162 students from Grade 4 to Grade 12 but could rise to 600 in the new campus
The Principal is the educational/instructional leader and administrative head of the Boys’ Section which consists of the end of the PYP, through MYP and into the DP. The Principal has the primary responsibility for overseeing improvement of the school’s instructional programs. Additionally, he is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, administering and evaluating the staff and the educational programme that he supervises. These duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Implementing student orientation and registration activities.
- Assisting in the development and establishment of the school goals and objective and the planning of the schools instructional programme. Proposes schedules of classes and extracurricular activities.
- Providing direction to staff in implementing goals and objectives and interacts and meets with staff to assist in their development.
- Evaluating the school programme and of staff and initiating needed improvements.
- Working with the superintendent to produce the annual budget for the school.
- Requisitioning supplies and equipment, conducts inventories, maintains records, and checks on receipts for such material.
- Conducting ongoing safety inspections and safety drill activities.
- Supervising the reporting and monitoring of student attendance and providing follow-up to attendance problems.
- Supervising conduct within the school and oversees all disciplinary procedures and records according to school policies.
- Defining and disseminating information about school disciplinary policies and procedures to parents, students, staff and community.
- Ensuring that parents and students are well informed regarding school issues and events.
- Serving with parent, faculty and student groups as requested to advance educational and extracurricular activities and objectives.
- Conducting employee performance appraisal for classroom teachers and staff.
- Serve as acting superintendent in the absence of the superintendent.
The Principal reports directly to the Superintendent and is evaluated annually on objectives established jointly with the Superintendent.
- Due to Ministry of Education requirements, the principal MUST be male
- Minimum 8 years teaching experience and with international school experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience with international school experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead using strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in curriculum development with a standards-based approach
- Experience working with the International Baccalaureate Program preferred
- Being an Arabic speaker is preferable but not essential.
An extremely competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Benefits include competitive salary, annual business class round-trip airfare to home of record, basic furnished housing, utilities (power, water, gas) travel allowance, tuition for dependents and international health insurance. The initial contract will be for two years and will begin on or around 1st August 2016.
Send by email the following documents (Please place on the email Subject Line, “Boys’ Principal Application”):
- Application Letter specifically highlighting your strengths
- Resume/CV (please include a current picture)
- Separate list of names and ages of child dependents and name of wife. NB Any principal with a partner must be married to the partner for a visa to be granted
- The names of at least two current professional references with contact details (one should be current or very recent supervisor)
- If you have a spouse who is also an educator please include her resume/CV
Send Documents to: email@example.com
Neil Hugo, Superintendent
Applications should be received by Thursday, February 4, 2016.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.