< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Mr. David Monk
Sep 16, 19
Oct 20, 19
On behalf of the Board of Governors of the International of Genoa ( ISG ), their Board Chair Stefania Meloni and Search Committee Chair Germana Gianquinto we are pleased to announce that Mr. DAVID MONK has been appointed Head of School, starting August 1, 2020.
David brings extensive experience as teacher, Principal, and Head of School in a career that has taken him to Egypt ( The British International School Cairo ), the Netherlands ( The International School of Amsterdam), Thailand ( The New International School ), Switzerland ( The International School of Zug & Luzern ), and Qatar ( The International School of London, Qatar ). David prepared for his international journey
earning an undergraduate degree in Physical Education and History at Exeter University ( U.K. ) and an M.A. in Educational Leadership from Bath University ( U.K. ). Throughout his educational career David has been closely associated with the International Baccalaureate, serving on the I.B. Middle Years Committee and on IB authorization visits. In addition, David has served on accreditation teams with both the Council of International Schools ( CIS ) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges ( NEASC ).
Commenting on his selection as ISG’s next director in a letter to the ISG Community, David sees his experience and values as closely aligned with ISG, seeing a holistic education as one where “compassion, integrity, resilience, and respect (are) at the heart of all that we do”.
The International School of Genoa, the ISG Search Committee, and Search Associates would like to thank all candidates who expressed an interest in the Head of School position and everyone who supported and assisted the search process.
The International School of Genoa
Seeks a new Director
For July 1 , 2020
SCHOOL DIRECTOR POSITION PROFILE
The International School in Genoa (ISG), founded in 1966, seeks an inspiring and motivational Director who will bring effective and collaborative leadership to this small, excellent, and established European International School. ISG offers an exceptional opportunity for the next Director to further build a vibrant community of learners, on a campus that promotes by design a culture of values inherent in the school’s mission principles of Respect, Responsibility, and Reaching for Excellence.
- An advanced degree in education or education-related field
- International leadership experience as director and/or division principal
- A collaborative and learning-focused leader
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic planning
- Experience in staff recruitment, retention, and development
- Ability to build and sustain a coherent and dynamic community
- Flexible, creative, and solution-oriented in conflict resolution
- IB experience and K-12 curriculum leadership experience
- Substantial experience in fiscal management and stewardship
- Ability to work harmoniously with all stakeholders: Board, administration, Faculty, parents, students, and friends of the school
- Ability to promote the school in the wider market
- Integrity, models ethical principles and behavior
- Good listener, sees strength in diverse opinions
- Appreciates and builds cultural openness and diversity
- Visible and engaged in the life of the school
- Active, energetic, and interactive with students
- Caring, firm and clear in expectations
- Can-do attitude, hands-on mentality
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
The International School in Genoa (ISG) has appointed Search Associates as a consultant in the Director Search, with Dr. Gunther Brandt as the Lead Consultant. The deadline for applications is October 20, 2019. Candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and the required materials as early as possible and the ISG search committee reserves the right to close the selection process at any time if the right candidate is found. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received, and candidates should send the information listed below in a single PDF FILE attached to an email:
- A letter of application describing your interest in the Director position at ISG, listing your strengths as a candidate and how your qualifications and experience align with the profile of the desired candidate.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages
- A one-page list of at least 4 (four) referees who have been your direct supervisors, with current phone and email addresses
- A maximum of three letters of reference scanned at low resolution that may already be in your possession
The Total DOC size should be kept at less than (4) MB if possible. Applications should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com
For further information on the school please see www.isgenoa.it