< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Suriname International School (Suriname)
Appointed - Position has been filled
Jan 25, 16
Mar 1, 16
The Suriname lnternational School
For August 2016
Director's Job Description
- Graduate degree in Educational Leadership from a U.S. accredited university or equivalent
- Extensive experience in education, management, and leadership with at least 5 years of experience in the classroom
- Excellent communication and public relations skills
- Ability to plan strategically and creatively
- Good sense of humor
Reports and is evaluated by: Board of Directors
lnterfaces with: faculty and administrative personnel
- To provide visionary Ieadership and demonstrate exemplary management skills in the recruitment and development of faculty and staff,
- Ensure the implementation of a high standard curriculum,
- Assist the Board of Directors in long-term planning for the School's financial stability,
- Provide effective communication with al! School's stakeholders.
General Performance Responsibilities:
- Keep the Board informed of the condition of the school's educational program,
- Advise the Board on educational issues,
- ldentify policies in need of revision and/or where new policies are required, and make recommendations to the Board for action,
- Develop, with the Board President, the agenda for regular Board meetings,
- Attend all meetings of the Board, except meetings pertaining to the Director's own performance,
- Create and review academic policies which are in keeping with the School's mission statement,
- Lead and coordinate the Strategic Plan and ensure its yearly revision and approval by the Board of Directors.
Pedagogical Performance Responsibilities:
- Supervise the pedagogical content of the School's program in elementary, middle, and high school,
- Develop strategies and be accountable for the evolution of the educational program across school levels, ensuring the implementation and review of curriculum to better serve students,
- Keep up to date with educational developments and their effect on the school's operating procedures,
- Be responsible for the security of students, faculty, and staff while on campus,
- Devise and organize the school calendar and the teaching and duty schedules of faculty,
- Be responsible for the recruiting and admissions of students,
- Control enrollment numbers,
- Maintain the accreditation status of the school with SACS CASI,
- Maintain a public profile amongst students, faculty, staff, parents, and community at Iarge,
- Foster Iinks with other schools and institutions, which may assist in promoting the school positively,
- Encourage the development and continual maintenance of a positive school climate,
- Perform any other duties assign by the President of the Board of Directors.
- Manage recruitment and selection of personnel,
- Help devise and maintain budget equilibrium in conjunction with the Board's treasurer and/or Financial Manager,
- With guidance from the Board's treasurer ensure proper financial reporting to the Board of Director's as a whole,
- Supervise and maintain school facilities and property to ensure an adequate school environment.
External Relations Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive relationship with parents and cooperate with the school's PTA,
- Organize presentations and events for parents throughout the year that provide information on procedures and regulations, topics of interest, and student's creative performances,
- Serve as the school's representative in community functions and official events.
To apply for this position please send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2016.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.