< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Verdala International School (Malta)
Appointed - Jonathan Butcher
Sep 29, 2015
Verdala International School, Malta (VIS)
Seeks an Elementary School Principal
Effective August 2016
Due to retirement, Verdala International School, Malta (VIS) is seeking applicants for its PK1 (3 year olds) to grade 5 Elementary School Principal position beginning July 2016. The elementary enrollment is approximately 200 students representing 35 nationalities. The school is in its seventh year of using the IPC curriculum taught by an international faculty, including art, music, IT, PE and Spanish language specials teachers. The maximum class size is 17 students. VIS was founded in 1985 and is accredited by the Middle States Association. VIS is a PK-grade 12 school offering the IBDP, and has a current enrollment of 450 students, up from 320 students just two years ago. Malta features a low cost of living, an exceptional quality of life, and a thriving international environment.
At VIS we strive to ensure that all of our students become knowledgeable, inquisitive and ethical contributors to our world.
To prepare our students to be ready for tomorrow’s world by encouraging learning through inspirational education using 21st century learning methods.
- To create a unique environment where each student can grow and discover their true potential.
- To promote an enquiring mind with a thirst for knowledge.
- To embrace diversity in our multi-cultural society.
- We trust that a caring inclusive community will help build a sense of self-worth and a profound respect for others.
- At least five years teaching experience.
- School leadership experience, at the principal level preferred.
- An advanced degree in school leadership.
To apply, please send the following in one pdf document to email@example.com. Applications will close when a suitable applicant is found.
- Letter of application.
- Statement of education and leadership philosophy, not to exceed two pages.
- Current C.V. not to exceed two pages.
- Three current letters of reference.
- A list of references with phone numbers and email address.
Please visit our website at Verdala.org for more detailed information about the school.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.