< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Founding Head of School
ENKO OUAGA International School (Burkina Faso)
Appointed - Position has been filled
May 18, 2018
Jun 15, 2018
ENKO OUAGA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO
FOUNDING HEAD OF SCHOOL (from August 2018)
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access to the world’s best universities for learners across Africa, through high-quality international education.
Enko Education has developed an innovative model. We offer children an outstanding experience leading to globally recognized and sought after qualifications. We are able to offer those at a fraction of the cost charged by other international schools in Africa. Furthermore, Enko learners are supported in their higher education applications through our university guidance programme. It supports them in selecting the right universities and then securing both admission and financing for their studies.
Enko Education’s model is showing impressive results with learners joining top universities like Yale University (USA), Sciences Po (Fr), the University of Toronto (Canada) and many more.
With 12 schools across Africa, Enko Education aims to open 30 more schools in at least 20 African countries over the next five years. Several international financing institutions, including Proparco, I & P, Oiko Credit and LiquidAfrica, support Enko Education’s ambition.
For a fuller picture please see www.enkoeducation.com.
The next Enko school to open, in August 2018, will be the Enko Ouaga International School in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. This will be an IBMYP and IBDP school for students from grade 6 to grade 12.
Any Enko Head of School needs to be a person who is inspirational, ambitious and adventurous, and cares deeply for children.
Specific tasks will include:
- Setting up the school (including all management and educational policies and procedures)
- Managing the school finances and all aspects of the school’s operations
- Running the school through the accreditation processes
- Growing the school’s student body and ensuring parent satisfaction
- Recruiting and retaining teaching and non-teaching staff
- Training, mentoring and coaching the teachers
- Contributing to defining/improving the Enko model and developing the Enko network in sub-Saharan Africa
All Enko Heads of Schools receive a wide range of support. They work closely with Enko Education Central Team in Johannesburg whose support systems cover Learning and Teaching, Communications and Marketing, Operations and Finance. Other schools’ heads in the Enko Education network also provide support to one another through various means including an annual retreat and monthly calls.
Current, or recently retired, IB school heads are particularly welcome to apply, but highly experienced IB Coordinators or Heads of Department who are looking for a first headship will also be considered.
The ideal candidate:
- Has either extensive experience as a school head or is a successful IB Coordinator or Head of Department and has the motivation and skills to become a school head
- Lives and breathes IB values
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset, with a hands-on attitude, energy and resilience
- Thinks growth and scale, to tackle one of the largest and most pressing needs of the continent
- Shares Enko’s vision of offering a first-class international education to the fast-growing African middle class
- Understands the affordability challenges and expectations we will face with our parent population
- Demonstrates a passion for the African continent
- Has excellent communication skills in both French and English
- Embodies Enko’s values.
Candidates interested in the possibility of being considered for this unusual and attractive opportunity – or for any other similar opportunities with Enko in the future – should contact David Cope of Search Associatesdcope@searchassociates.com as soon as possible, and no later than 15 June 2018. Anyone reading this who knows of one or more people who could be suitable for leadership positions in Enko schools are welcome to nominate these potential candidates to David Cope. Candidates should send David Cope initially a copy of their CV and a short letter outlining why the job attracts them and what they can offer. Further information will be made available to all suitable candidates.
email@example.com Deadline: 15 June 2018