< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Steven Calland-Scoble
Jan 17, 2014
Mar 15, 2014
Head of School
ACS International School
Posted: 13th January 2014 Deadline for applications: 15th March 2014
ACS International Schools
ACS is a highly prestigious group of international schools, three of which are in the south east of England and our fourth, and most recently established campus, is in Doha. The Doha campus was purpose built for us in 2010 and is located in Gharraffa, a highly desirable location in Doha.
We currently have 900 students, aged between 3 and 14, on our Doha campus. Our first graduating class will matriculate in June 2016. We offer the IB Middle Years Program (MYP), the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) as well as the American High School Honors Diploma.
Our current Head of School has made amazing progress in the four years she has been in post, in establishing the school and growing it to its current size and offering. There is however much more still to be achieved and we are looking for someone who has the capability, drive, gravitas, desire and flair to continue with the established outstanding pattern of successful growth and achievement.
The new Head of School we seek will understand and be able to demonstrate the inspirational leadership skills required to grow and maintain this friendly and caring environment, combined with the achievement of high standards of academic excellence and well-rounded educational programs.
Key to success are ;
- Being a strong strategic, inspirational and collaborative leader.
- Having international experience at this senior level, preferably within the Middle East. Being an Arabic speaker would be an advantage.
- Being passionate about holistic student education and staff development.
- Having a strategic understanding of enrolment strategies and financial management.
- Having experience of planning and managing growth and change and taking the team with you.
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with the Supreme Education Counsel and having political awareness and sensitivity.
If you believe that you have the exceptional skills and experience to deliver against this challenging and rewarding brief, gained in a top international educational establishment, then please follow the directions outlined below
Please send an application at the earliest possible time but no later than March 15th, 2014. (The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received and forwarded to the Search Committee.)
The Search Committee will select potential candidates with the view of inviting a short list to interview at the school no later than March, or sooner, with a decision immediately thereafter.
Candidates should note that, in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, ACS Doha reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline mentioned above and to bring the search to an early close. For this reason, it is very important that interested candidates apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should send the information requested below. It must be submitted exactly in the form and manner requested. Please do not send any information other than that which is specifically requested here.
A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position.
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages.
- A one or two-page statement outlining educational beliefs and leadership style.
- A one-page list of references with phone numbers and current, valid, email addresses.
- A maximum of four letters of reference, which may already be in your possession.
Please note that all the above materials must be scanned into a single PDF document and sent to the e-mail address listed below. Please note that it is important to limit the size of the PDF document to less than 5MB.
with copies to:
For more information about the school please see