< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Mr. Garth Wyncoll
Jun 26, 17
Aug 21, 17
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of the Board of Directors and Search Committee of Bali Island School (BIS) in Denpasar, Indonesia, we are pleased to announce that after a worldwide search which produced a large number of highly qualified candidates, Mr. Garth Wyncoll has been appointed as the new Head of School beginning in August 2018.
Mr. Wyncoll is currently High School Principal at Academia Cotopaxi in Quito, Ecuador, a position he has held since 2015. Prior to his current position he served as High School Principal at the American International School Lagos, in Nigeria. He has also held administrative and teaching positions in the Philippines and in the USA.
Mr. Wyncoll earned a B.S. in Physical Education at York University, an M.S. in the Science of Sports Medicine from Indiana State University, and a second Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership at San Francisco University.
The BIS Board of Directors, Search Committee and Search Associates would like to thank all candidates who expressed interest in the Head of School position, and to everyone who assisted and supported the search process.
Ralph Jahr and Jim Ambrose
The Bali Island School,
Seeks a Head of School
For the start of the 2018/2019
- Minimum of a graduate degree (Master’s Degree or Doctorate)
- Strong academic and leadership experience
- Collaborative personality to facilitate working closely with the staff, community, and board
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Qualified in and demonstrable experience in the instruction and administration of the IB program
- Currently in a HoS position or proven success in a principal role of equivalent pupil size, administration complexity and scope of management
- Indonesian law limits work visas to those sixty years old or younger, so practically speaking, candidates should not be more than 56 when starting a contract..
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Open to considering a commitment beyond the initial three-year contract
- A proven record of recruiting and retaining quality teachers and administrators
- Prior international school experience
- Previous experience with Council of International Schools
Salary and benefits will be competitive and consistent with the candidate’s experience and with similar positions at other schools of similar size in the region.
In the interest of identifying the best candidates for the Head of School position, the Board of Directors of Bali Island School has selected Search Associates to assist in this process with Ralph Jahr and Jim Ambrose being the primary consultants. The deadline for applications is August 21, 2017. Candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and the requested materials listed below as early as possible as the Search Committee reserves the right to close the selection process at any time if the right candidate is found. Semifinalist candidates will be identified by Search Associates and their dossiers forwarded to the Search Committee for review. On-line interviews will be arranged with the intention of completing the selection of finalists by September 1, 2017 or before.
The review of candidates will begin as soon as applications are received. The BIS Search Committee will identify 2-3 finalists as early in the process as possible. It is anticipated that finalist candidates together with his/her spouse (if applicable) will be invited to visit the school during the week of 26-30 September and will meet with the Search Committee, Board, faculty, parents, students and all other constituent groups during the visit. The new Head of School will be selected after the conclusion of the site visits and final interviews. The new Head of School will begin in mid-July 2018.
Candidates should send the information listed below as a single pdf file of 5 MB or less in size attached to an email:
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the Head of School position at the Bali Island School.
- A statement describing your management and educational philosophy, not to exceed two pages.
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages.
- A one-page list of references with current addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
- A maximum of three letters of reference that may already be in your possession.
Applications should be sent to Ralph Jahr < email@example.com > and Jim Ambrose < firstname.lastname@example.org >.
Candidates wishing to learn more about the Bali Island School should visit the school’s website at < www.baliislandschool.com >