< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Position has been filled details to be posted shortly
Sep 6, 17
Oct 15, 17
Seeks a new Head of School
To commence with the 2018-2019 academic year
POSITION: School Head
REPORTS TO: Board President
OVERVIEW: The position combines both strategic thinking and strong execution skills to ensure that the School provide a high quality bilingual education that meets both international and national accreditation standards. The School Head of Colegio Menor is responsible for leading school operations towards the achievement of long term goals and objectives. He/she will work collaboratively with the Heads of other Colegio Menor campuses to support the School Board in developing long term strategies and plans for the institution and is accountable for complying with Board and regulatory policies. The School Head leads the schools leadership teams directly but interacts regularly with the faculty and staff, the students and the parents at the school.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Lead the process to develop, and execute short and long-term institutional goals tied to the strategic plan and to the schools’ Purpose and Direction.
- Develop and implement action plans that support the achievement of institutional goals.
- Ensure compliance with Board, national and international policies, regulations and accreditation standards.
- Research and identify trends in international education and establish program directions accordingly.
- Assess the quality of existing programs and modify them as needed in order to maintain and/or enhance program results.
- Oversee the development of institutional policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing and managing the overall educational budget.
- Graduate degree in education or a related area (REQUIRED)
- Experience in a Head of School position (minimum three years) (REQUIRED)
- Experience managing U.S. and/or internationally accredited schools (REQUIRED)
- Strongly proficient (e.g. fully conversational) in English and Spanish (REQUIRED)
- Previous professional experience in Latin America (PREFERRED)
- Experience with a for-profit school and/or in a business-oriented environment (PREFERRED)
- Experience working in all levels of K-12 education (PREFERRED)
- Exhibits confidence and inspires it in others associated with the school
- Values a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Principle-based decision making skills
- Capable of making and following through on difficult decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Displays cultural openness, sensitivity and understanding to different cultures
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Change management skills
- Highly visible and approachable
Salary and Benefits
Colegio Menor offers competitive compensation packages based on market averages.
If you are an inspirational and collaborative leader, have well-developed interpersonal skills and are motivated by the challenge of developing a young school, we encourage you to apply for this position!
Interested candidates should prepare the following:
- Letter of application (no longer than one page) which outlines your interest in, and suitability for, this position.
- A statement of educational beliefs and leadership style (also no more than one page)
- Updated resume
- One-page list of references (current phone numbers and email addresses)
All the above materials must be scanned into a Single PDF attachment (no larger than 8 MB; low resolution preferred) and sent in the same transmission to:
Bridget McNamer: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: REVISED October 15, 2017
Please Note: The Colegio Menor search committee reserves the right to appoint a candidate prior to the application deadline. Therefore, it is in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.