< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Head of School
Enko Riverside International School, Maputo (Mozambique)
Jun 21, 19
Jul 31, 19
We are pleased to announce that after a thorough worldwide search process ENKO Education has recently appointed Olguita Vazquez Ubarri to be the next Head of ENKO Riverside International School in Maputo, Mozambique.
Olguita has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Xavier University, Cincinnati and a Master’s degree in Education from the University of the Virgin Islands. She began her career in the tourism industry in the US Virgin Islands before finding her vocation by moving into education in 1993. Since then she has had a highly successful career, first as a Spanish teacher and later in different roles as a school leader, in Chicago, Toronto, several schools in the US Virgin Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Florida and Beijing. Most recently she has served as Secondary School Director at the American International School of Bolivia.
Olguita will start work in Maputo this summer and is greatly looking forward to joining her new school and also the wider Enko Education community.
ENKO RIVERSIDE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
HEAD OF SCHOOL (from September 2019)
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access for learners across Africa to the world’s best universities, through outstanding international education.
Enko Education has developed an innovative model to unlock students’ potential through high-quality international curricula, commonly leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). This is achieved while offering tuition fees as low as a fifth of what other international schools may charge.
With 13 schools across Africa, Enko Education already operates in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Mali, Burkina Faso, Mozambique and South Africa, and aims to open 50 more schools in the next five years. Several international financing institutions, including Proparco, I&P, Oiko Credit, LiquidAfrica and BIO support Enko Education’s vision and ambition.
The Enko Riverside school is located in Maputo, the capital and economic heart of Mozambique. The school became an IB World School in 2016 and is accredited with CAIE. Students currently take Cambridge IGCSE and IBDP examinations.
For a fuller picture please see www.enkoeducation.com
Any Enko Head of School needs to be a person who is inspirational, ambitious and adventurous, and cares deeply for children.
The Head of School is responsible for directing and continuously improving all aspects of the school including (but not limited to) learning and teaching, finance, operations and student recruitment, in line with the group’s Standards and Practices and with the Enko culture. Specific responsibilities include:
- Implementing Enko Education Standards and Practices
- Achieving the school’s educational objectives
- Building an outstanding team – recruiting, developing and retaining high-quality teaching and non-teaching staff
- Achieving the school’s enrolment and financial objectives
- Ensuring parent and student satisfaction
- Contributing to improving the Enko model and developing our network in Africa
All Enko heads of schools receive a wide range of support from Enko Education’s central team and from other heads of schools.
Current, or recently retired, IB school heads are particularly welcome to apply, but highly experienced IB Coordinators or Heads of Department who are looking for a first headship will also be considered.
The ideal candidate:
- Has either extensive experience as a school head or is a successful senior leader in an IB school, an IB Coordinator or a Head of Department who has the motivation and skills to become a head of school
- Lives and breathes IB values
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset, with a hands-on attitude, energy and resilience
- Thinks growth and scale, to tackle one of the largest and most pressing needs of the continent
- Shares Enko’s vision of offering a first-class international education to the fast-growing African middle class
- Understands the affordability challenges and expectations we face with our parent population
- Demonstrates a passion for the African continent
- Has excellent communication skills in English (ability to communicate in Portuguese is an asset)
- Embodies Enko’s values
Enko Education will help the successful candidate to relocate. Benefits include housing, transportation, annual flight home, medical aid and settling in allowance.
Candidates interested in the possibility of being considered
for this unusual and attractive opportunity
– or for any other similar opportunities with Enko in the future –
should contact David Cope of Search Associates firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible and no later than 31 July 2019.
Anyone reading this who knows of one or more people who could be
suitable for leadership positions in Enko schools
are welcome to nominate these potential candidates to David Cope.
Candidates should send David Cope initially a copy of their CV and a short letter
outlining why the job attracts them and what they can offer.
Further information will be made available to all suitable candidates.
email@example.com Deadline: 31 July 2019