< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - David Miles
Nov 30, 15
Verdala International School, Malta (VIS) Seeks a High School Principal
Effective July 2016
Verdala International School, Malta (VIS) is seeking applicants for its grade 9-12 High School Principal position beginning July 2016. The high school enrollment is approximately 150 students representing 30 nationalities. The school offers the IGCSE and IBDP Programmes and scores well above global averages on IGCSE and IBDP examinations. The maximum class size is 17 students.
VIS was founded in 1985 and is accredited by the Middle States Association. VIS is a PK-grade 12 school offering the IPC and IMYC at the elementary and middles schools, and has a current enrollment of 450 students, up from 320 students just two years ago. Malta features a low cost of living, an exceptional quality of life, and a thriving international environment.
At VIS we strive to ensure that all of our students become knowledgeable, inquisitive and ethical contributors to our world.
To prepare our students to be ready for tomorrow’s world by encouraging learning through inspirational education using 21st century learning methods.
- To create a unique environment where each student can grow and discover their true potential.
- To promote an enquiring mind with a thirst for knowledge.
- To embrace diversity in our multi-cultural society.
- We trust that a caring inclusive community will help build a sense of self-worth and a profound respect for others.
- At least five years teaching experience
- School leadership experience, at the principal level preferred
- Advanced degree in school leadership preferred
- International school experience
- Recent teaching or leadership experience in the IGCSE and/or IBDP
- Believes in a whole student, balanced educational program
- Communication skills with parent, students and staff
- Understands development and implementation of policy and procedure
- Technology skills
- Collaboration and facilitation skills
- Focused on student success
- Internationally minded
- Embraces the VIS Vision, Mission and Student Profile
- Passionate and inspirational
- Enjoys and appreciates young people
- Flexible, resilient
- Believes in unity and bonding
- Trustworthy and ethical
To apply, please send the following in one pdf document to email@example.com. Applications will close when a suitable applicant is found.
- Letter of application
- Statement of education and leadership philosophy, not to exceed two pages
- Current C.V. not to exceed two pages
- Three current letters of reference
- A list of references with phone numbers and email address
Please visit our website at www.verdala.org for more detailed information about the school.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.