< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Position has been filled
Aug 11, 2016
Aug 21, 2016
International Principal, Tianjin, China
Employer: Haileybury International School
Location: Tianjin, China
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: 2 years
Job Starts: January 2017
Haileybury, Australia’s largest independent school, operates Australia’s first international school in China, where it teaches both the Australian (VCE) and Chinese curricula. It is situated near Beijing and caters to Chinese students seeking an international future.
The International Principal of the School is responsible for the delivery of the International Program, which comprises (a) the International Senior School Program in Years 10-12 (the Victorian Certificate of Education and the Haileybury Year 10 Program), (b) the International Junior and Middle School English Programs (Years 1-9) (c) the Sports and Activities Programs (Years 7-12) and (d) the Pathways Program that places Haileybury students in overseas universities. The International Principal should drive quality in the International Program.
As a member of the School Executive, the International Principal will work closely with the Executive Principal, the Junior School Principal and managers across the School, as well as with senior management at Haileybury Melbourne.
Specifically, the International Principal will:
- Oversee the development, delivery and quality of the International Program.
- Manage the quality of the International Program in close consultation with (and following the guidelines issued by) Haileybury Melbourne.
- Recruit, develop, support and supervise international and local bilingual staff to work in the International Program.
- Develop and manage the School’s operational links with Haileybury Melbourne so as to assure effective academic support for the International Program, the sharing of community visits and cross-campus programs.
- Gain and maintain accreditation of the School by Australian and international agencies and ensure compliance with all requirements of Australian authorities (such as the VCAA) in so far as they relate to the School.
- As the public face of Haileybury, assist in the marketing of the School and the recruitment of students.
- Oversee and further develop pathways for students to overseas universities.
- Deputise for the Executive Principal as required.
- Contribute to the development of a strong international culture at the School.
- Maintain a positive and enthusiastic culture amongst students and staff.
For further information please contact Dr. Stephan Muller, Assistant Principal (Staff Development) via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday, 21 August 2016
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.