< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Position has been filled
Nov 18, 15
Dec 3, 15
Lower School Assistant Principal
Reports to: Lower School Principal
Hours: Full Time
Introduction to Graded School:
Graded is a private, co-educational, non-sectarian, nonprofit day school for children ages 3 through 18. The school follows an American curriculum with instruction in English and is accredited in the United States through AdvancED and in Brazil by the Ministry of Education. Graded has also offered the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB) for more than 25 years, being a leader in the field of international education.
Graded has been serving students in São Paulo since 1920, building upon a rich tradition of quality education. Our programs and practices reflect the school's mission of inspiring excellence, fostering intercultural competence, and empowering students to become engaged, ethical citizens. The warm school culture supports high expectations for all and the result is successful students who love their school. Graded is the oldest and largest American school in Brazil, and it is often referred to as one of the best international schools in South America.
Introduction to the Position:
The responsibilities of the Lower School Assistant Principal will encompass the overall assistance in planning, management, and implementation of curriculum and activities in the Pre-primary through 5th grade.
Summary of Major Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Lower School Principal with curriculum review and implementation from Pre-primary through 5th grade levels.
- Provide regular communication to teachers and periodic information for parents regarding events and calendar.
- Assisting the Lower School Principal with program evaluation through ongoing standardized assessment and on-site assessment. Communication of assessment procedures and following up to evaluate instructional response to assessment.
- Assisting the Lower School Principal with teacher training and in-service workshops that support division goals.
- Assisting the Lower School Principal with schedules including class schedules along with supervision roster for LS faculty.
- The Assistant Principal is visible and active in a variety of locations on campus during the day to facilitate student connections and staff connections, such as, playground, cafeteria and hallways.
- Maintaining the discipline policies and interventions. Assisting students and teachers with an educational perspective on conduct and general behavior. Communicating with parents and relevant staff regarding discipline procedures.
- Scheduling and facilitating Student Support Team meetings.
- Coordination of After School Activities program.
- Assistance with the day-to-day management of student, parent and teacher concerns, as necessary.
- Work year as per the administrators’ calendar.
- able to work within a team environment
- strong interpersonal skills
- strong understanding of child development
- Master’s degree or higher (may be in progress)
- successful elementary teaching experience in multiple grade levels
- experience with the Montessori Method of education at the Pre-primary level
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before December 3, 2015.
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position.
- A current résumé.
- A one-page list of references with current phone numbers and email addresses.
Graded reserves the right to hire before the closing date if the right candidate presents themselves.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.