< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Applications are no longer being accepted
Feb 28, 18
Mar 21, 18
Dubai American Academy is a vibrant international community, deeply rooted in a culture of kindness, which creates and empowers leaders and independent thinkers with integrity, character and drive.
Dubai American Academy offers an enriched American curriculum to students of all nationalities culminating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and/or an American high school diploma. Beyond its rigorous academic program, DAA prepares students to lead successful lives through the exceptional diversity of its community and the extra-curricular experiences that contribute to the development of the whole person.
A focus on Future-Fluencies embedded throughout the program provides our students with a world class educational experience, empowering them to become the next generation of leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs. Dubai American Academy is the only American school in Dubai to be ranked "Outstanding" by KHDA, the regulating authorities, and seeks an outstanding Middle School Principal to join its ranks. The successful candidate must be committed to leading and implementing DAA's Vision and Mission and guiding the implementation of the school's strategic priorities. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and passionate visionary, with a proven track record of exemplary pedagogical leadership to continuously inspire our faculty to deliver a superior curriculum.
This year, marked by its 20th anniversary, DAA's total student body stands at 2650 students. Our highly motivated students represent a globally diverse group of over 100 nationalities. Academic, emotional and social development along with a learning environment that cultivates positive self-esteem and celebration of achievement ensures our students succeed. Holding North American teaching certifications, the successful candidate must truly be a global ambassador who is culturally intelligent and passionate about taking on an international administrative leadership role. Effective collaboration and communication with parents, teachers, faculty, staff, students, and the greater community form an integral part of the position. DAA will appoint an engaged professional who is looking for an exceptionally unique journey in the Middle East to form part of our incredibly supportive professional learning community.
About our Facilities:
Nestled in the heart of Dubai, the DAA campus offers teachers and students alike a world class playground of opportunity and inspiration. All of our stakeholders in the community are committed to nurturing the whole child and our facilities support the delivery of that commitment. Our students and teachers benefit from advanced studio spaces. These spaces support robotics, collaborative design, maker and coding activities; multiple science labs to foster scientific exploration; audio and video recording studios, art studios, digital art labs and ceramics studios to inspire innovative approaches to learning; a black box theater and auditorium to showcase student talent; indoor/outdoor running tracks, soccer fields, a triple and a double gymnasium, a baseball diamond, golf areas, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool are all designed to provide an outstanding student experience.
Working in Dubai:
Dubai offers one of the best international teaching experiences. Dubai is a dynamic multicultural city offering a variety of international experiences. Expats in Dubai make up roughly 80% of its population. Western influences make acclimatization easy for new expats. The city is truly a perfect blend of old world charm coupled with modern luxury. Globally central, it is also a wonderful springboard for travel to neighboring regions.
- Current North American teacher and administration certificates
- Master's Degree in Leadership and/or Administration
- Teaching and administrative experience, including significant experience with Middle School-aged children
- Proven record of successful operation and management experience
- Proven record as an instructional leader with a deep understanding of learning and teaching at the Middle School level
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and distribute leadership
- Experience with the successful implementation of an enriched, standards-based American curriculum
- Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the total school program
Our new Middle School Principal will:
- Model and encourage our long standing ethos of our Culture of Kindness.
- Commit time and leadership for the successful implementation of DAA's School Improvement Plan and to develop division-specific actions for the school's strategic priorities.
- Ensure that all teachers and support staff have a clear understanding of their performance goals and to assist faculty towards becoming master teachers.
- Willingly mentor all faculty as well as encouraging their professional growth and career advancement.
- Demonstrate role-model traits that enable others to recognize the principal as an instructional leader.
- Instill a sense of common purpose and common pursuit toward consensus goals with regards to the decision-making process.
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, parents, colleagues and in the community (e.g., verbal, nonverbal and written communication).
- Seek the involvement of faculty and parents in a wide variety of School activities.
- Develop the leadership capabilities of teachers and to share leadership responsibility when appropriate.
- Ensure that curriculum documentation spells out content and skills, instructional methods and assessment practices.
- Use assessment results, particularly MAP results, to determine whether curriculum and instructional goals and student performance outcomes are being met.
- Create an efficient, productive and caring K-12 atmosphere where all students (and faculty) have opportunity to be recognized for their best efforts.
- Ensure that all of the School's resources are identified and being used to serve students and faculty members alike; help both to reach their full performance potential.
- Assume the responsibility for sound financial management including accurate program budget planning and fiscal accountability.
- Have a personal commitment to seek constant professional learning and professional growth and to be a life-long learner.
- Accept the importance and necessity in attending after school student activity programs and parent events.
- Willingly take on all responsibility for the "mechanics" of the assignment; activities such as building a master class schedule, accurate record keeping, office accounting, etc.
- Be a willing and active leader in committee work.
- Carefully review all student admission applications in accordance with policies established by DAA policy and implementing regulations.
- Perform other activities as might be required for the general welfare of the school and/or as requested by the Superintendent and Deputy Superintendent.
Candidates should submit the following:
- Brief letter of application stating reason for interest in the position
- A current CV/ resume not to exceed two pages
- One page statement of philosophy of education and educational leadership
- Three letters of reference, including one from a current supervisor
March 21th, 2018 is the deadline for applications. Candidates should note that in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, DAA reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline. For this reason, it is very important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.
Candidates wishing to learn more about the DAA may visithttp://www.gemsaa-dubai.com/ or follow us on our social channels:
DAA has retained the services of Search Associates to assist in this search. Please combine all of the above materials into a single PDF attachmen and send to Bridget McNamer, Search Associates at: email@example.com
Subject should read: DAA Middle School Principal Position
Also, please note that it is important to limit the size of your single PDF attachment to 5 MB. (Please not photographs , color, etc.)