< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Position has been filled
Nov 13, 15
Nov 30, 15
PK-12 Teaching and Learning Coordinator
Reports to: Superintendent
Hours: full time
Introduction to the Graded School
Graded is a private, co-educational, non-sectarian, nonprofit day school for children ages 3 through 18. The school follows an American curriculum with instruction in English and is accredited in the United States through AdvancED and in Brazil by the Ministry of Education. Graded has also offered the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB) for more than 25 years, being a leader in the field of international education.
Graded has been serving students in São Paulo since 1920, building upon a rich tradition of quality education. Our programs and practices reflect the school's mission of inspiring excellence, fostering intercultural competence, and empowering students to become engaged, ethical citizens. The warm school culture supports high expectations for all and the result is successful students who love their school. Graded is the oldest and largest American school in Brazil, and it is often referred to as one of the best international schools in South America.
Introduction to the Position:
The PK-12 Teaching and Learning Coordinator is responsible for orchestration of effective teaching and learning at Graded. The quality of instruction--its design and delivery--is critical to our ability to live our mission of inspiring “individual excellence in a collaborative setting, fostering intercultural competence, and empowering students to become engaged, ethical citizens of a dynamic world.” PK-12 Teaching and Learning Coordinator is a member of the Academic Leadership Team, along with Principals oversees the work of the Teaching and Learning Coaches in each division, works closely with department heads, and reports directly to the Superintendent.
Summary of Major Responsibilities
- Lead and/or facilitate the articulation, documentation, publication, and review of a comprehensive, coherent PK-12 curriculum
- Continually review and update policies, practices and procedures in the area of curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Coordinate with Principals to develop plans for a vibrant program of professional learning for the faculty; coordinate Graded’s professional development program
- Foster cross-divisional coordination among PK-12 faculty and staff, Subject Area Leaders and Department Heads
- Develop best practices of school-wide assessment and prepare proposals for curriculum modification based on study, collaboration, and assessment data
- Oversee the school’s accreditation process
- Serve on the Academic Leadership Team
- Direct the school’s systems for curriculum mapping and external assessments
- Facilitate coordination of teacher professional growth policies and practices across divisions
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Superintendent
- A master’s degree in education or similar field
- Substantive leadership experience in K-12 American or international schools, including the IB Diploma Programme, preferably at the administrative level
- Substantive teaching experience and recent professional development in best practices for curriculum development and teaching
- A commitment to student learning and experience implementing effective strategies and programs
- A track record of developing and implementing exciting professional development for faculty
- Knowledge in using multiple data sources to inform and improve student learning, school programs, and teacher professional development
- Experience in leading school accreditation processes
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with new and experienced faculty
- Ability to build teams, engage in multiple task, collaborate and inspire.
- Proven leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Significant knowledge and experience with curriculum design and development, good research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, excellent writing and speaking skills
- Proven ability to make mistakes and learn from those experiences
- Experience in an international educational environment
- Knowledge and experience with Atlas Curriculum Mapping
- An understanding of American educational practices
This position description is current at the date shown but following consultation may be changed to reflect or anticipate changes in the role that are commensurate with the job title and salary.
November 8, 2015/RD
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before November 30, 2015.
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position.
- A current résumé.
- A one-page list of references with current phone numbers and email addresses.
Graded reserves the right to hire before the closing date if the right candidate presents themselves.
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.