< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Applications are no longer being accepted
Aug 25, 2017
Jan 31, 2018
Heritage Xperiential Learning School
is seeking a
School Principal/Head of the School
to commence with the 2018-19 Academic Year
About Heritage Xperiential Learning School, Gurgaon, India
Heritage Xperiential Learning School, Gurgaon is focused on deeper, authentic and inter-disciplinary learning. Founded in 2003 as a not-for-profit private co-educational school, Heritage today is a community of over 3000 students and an enviable student to staff ratio of 9:1. Although Heritage is just 14 years young, it is consistently been ranked among top 10 day schools in India. Known for its progressive pedagogy and community bound curriculum, we are also one of the few inclusive schools in India with a well- integrated special needs program. Although the school offers 3 curriculums (National Board, IGCSE and IBDP), it attempts to be curriculum agnostic through its own organically developed curriculum that stretches the boundaries of prescribed national and international curriculums. Housed in a beautiful 18-acre campus, Heritage today is one of the reputed learning communities for educators.
The last fourteen years have been a learning journey for the school. We are deeply inspired and committed to the philosophies of Kurt Han, Vygotsky, Rudolf Steiner, Sri Aurobindo, Mahatma Gandhi, J Krishnamurthy. Our curriculum has been designed and curated organically over the years and reflects some of these core learning principles - for our Students, Parents and Teachers.
Our learning principles include:
- Children Learn by Doing
- Connected to the real world through community bound projects
- Content is an excuse to build to Craftsmanship, Culture and Character
- Productive and Creative work as medium of teaching and learning
- Children as active partners in learning
- Real freedom, empowerment and citizenship through classroom pedagogy and corridor culture
- Children learn from each other. Power of Crew Work
- Integrated and whole-child development
- Parents/Community as partners
Our Learning Community
Heritage Xperiential has a vibrant teaching community representing various cultures across the country. Summary of our training include:
Teacher empowerment is the backbone of learning at Heritage. Our school focuses on curating some world class learning experiences round the year primarily on the following four strands:
• Teachers as self-aware individuals
• Teachers as facilitators
• Teachers as curriculum designers
• Teachers as contributors to individuals
Our mentors and trainers include workshop leaders from Expeditionary Learning System (USA), Big Picture Schools (USA), Boston Teacher Residency, Waldorf Network, National Outbound Learning School (NOLS-USA), Waters Foundation (USA), Hi Tech Hi Schools (USA), Kolbs LSI (USA), Adhyayan, ABA, Jodo Gyan and other leading education experts. Heritage also has annual retreats focused on reflection and self-awareness.
Heritage Xperiential actively supports teachers to be certified accreditors, trainers and workshop leaders.
Key Expectations from role of a School Principal
Provide academic, pedagogic and instructional leadership to teachers. Ensure design and delivery of effective learning methodologies, practices and processes inside and outside of classroom. Owning the responsibility to drive student learning.
Human Leadership: Develops a culture of high motivation, morale and performance. Helps the team align with the larger purpose and vision of the school. Drives accountability in the school through periodic and consistent reviews and feedback mechanisms. Sets high standards and communicates them effectively. Orchestrates their successful achievement through periodic appraisal of performance (formal and informal) of teachers, staff and students. Provides constant coaching and mentoring to teachers with a view to improve the quality of classroom transactions. To provide a balance of support and challenge to teachers with a view to bringing out their best.
Technical Leadership (Implementation of organizational initiatives): Creates buy-in with stakeholders (Teachers, Parents and Students) and provides leadership to implement some of key organizational initiatives within time schedules. Creates structures and systems to implement, monitor and review organization initiatives. This would include setting and managing SOPs for all functions in the school ensuring its smooth running. This may be described as the more Managerial part of the role.
Cultural Leadership: Champions the school philosophy with all its stakeholders. Creates a compelling vision of school to Teachers, Parents, Students and the community at large. Intervenes on any deviation from the school’s philosophy, vision and values in the areas of instructional programs, extracurricular activities, program evaluation, discipline, systems and process etc. Consciously models and builds a culture of excellence and service.
Hiring the best talent: Creates structures and processes to ensure that the school hires and retains the best talent.
Administration and infrastructure support: Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures etc. Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations. Assume responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of students, employees and visitors.
Budgeting and financial control: Prepares and manages budgets, plans and projections. Ensures maintenance of records on the materials, supplies and equipment which are necessary to carry out the daily school routine.
Our Current Priorities
- Strengthening the curriculum & pedagogy with an increased focus on 21st century skills
- Vertical alignment of the curriculum across Junior, Middle and Senior schools
- Inclusion and differentiated instruction
- Building a caring community of students and educators
- Building a platform for students to exercise active citizenship
- Strengthening the 2nd and 3rd layers of leadership across the school
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience is managing and leading a whole school or a program
- Demonstrate strong instructional leadership and understanding of Teaching and learning
- Proven skills and abilities as a visionary who demonstrates leadership, resourcefulness, flexibility, managing change & innovation.
- Experience of leading, coaching or training other teachers is mandatory.
- Cultural awareness, integrity and resilience
- Sense of expansion/scale
Click here to visit our website.
Click here to view a video of our school.
For School Brochure click here
Heritage Xperiential Learning School has appointed Search Associates as consultant for this search, with Bridget McNamer as the lead consultant.
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2018. Candidates are asked to submit an application as early as possible, as the search committee reserves the right to close the search at any time if the right candidate is found. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received.
Candidates should send the information listed below as a single pdf file attached to an email:
- A letter of application describing your interest in the Principal position at the Heritage Xperiential Learning School, listing your strengths as a candidate and how your qualifications and experience align with the profile of the desired candidate
- A current resumé not to exceed two pages
- A one-page list of at least 4 referees with current phone numbers and email addresses
- A maximum of three letters of reference (scanned at low resolution) that may already be in your possession.
Total document size should be kept to less than four (4) MB if possible.
This document should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS OPPORTUNITY!