< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Mar 8, 19
Apr 5, 19
Living the Stamford American Vision and Values
In 2018, following a great deal of community consultation, we launched our 20/20 Strategic Vision. This included our Strategic Priorities along with our Mission, Vision, and Values Guiding Statements. SAIS staff gathered for a professional development day dedicated to exploring what our vision and values mean, how we live these these values in what we do at school and how we can all ultimately inspire our students to create their own futures. A community artwork was created inspired by the contributions of all staff from the breakout sessions.
At Stamford American, we inspire students to create their unique future.
Together, we cultivate a culture of optimism, excellence, and empowerment for everyone by developing the mind-set and skills to thrive in a complex world.
Acting with a genuine desire for transparency, honesty and respect.
Empowering our community to embrace risks and to see challenges as opportunities to grow.
Striving to build a creative culture of resilience, resourcefulness and thoughtful expression.
Fostering a caring community that embraces and celebrates all cultures, beliefs and perspectives.
Our Brilliant Learning Environment
In 2009, Stamford American International School was established in Singapore, following a Referral for Interest program, introduced by the Economic Development Board. The school opened with 75 students and has now grown to more than 3,000 students with a state of the art campus in an inclusive and diverse learning environment.
Two Bespoke Campuses - 10 Minutes from Each Other
Join Our Vibrant Schools Group
Stamford American is a part of Cognita, a world leading international schools group, currently encompassing 73 schools across 3 continents. Each of our schools is as individual as its students, but we all share one common purpose: to create an inspiring world of education.
Cognita understands the difference that great teaching makes, and knows that teachers are central to unlocking the potential of every child in its schools. Underpinning this is ‘The Cognita Way’ – six focal points we know to be present in the most successful schools: energized leadership, personalized learning, people growth, community, innovation and brilliant basics. Cognita’s commitment to its staff is therefore equally strong, and the group offers excellent career opportunities with a global dimension.
Delivering Great Results
Our students have been accepted into competitive universities around the world including: London School of Economics, Kings College London, McGill University, Emory University, University of British Columbia, University of Toronto, Rhode Island School of Design, University of California San Diego, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, University of Durham, University of St. Andrews, University of Warwick, University of Sydney, University of Hong Kong, Waseda University and more.
University Offers by Country
Holistic Experience at Stamford American
Sports and Co-Curricular Activities (CCA)
Stamford’s Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) Program allows students the opportunity to explore their unique talents, develop new skills and personalize their learning journey at Stamford. We believe holistic education requires stretching boundaries and as such Stamford encourages all students to get involved in the after-school opportunities available.
We offer over 350 CCA choices and a strong Athletics Program enabling our student-athletes to participate in 106 tournaments and over 450 games during a sporting year, both locally and internationally. With quality facilities on-site and, experienced professional coaches, students can pick up a range of sport including badminton, soccer, swimming, rugby, tennis, softball, touch rugby, volleyball, gymnastics, golf, basketball and cross-country.
South East Asia Student Activities Conference (SEASAC)
In 2017 Stamford became a member school of the South East Asia Student Activities Conference (SEASAC). This places Stamford in an elite Sports and Co-Curricular Activities league with 14 other member schools in the region. SEASAC activities include arts, badminton, basketball, cross-country, golf, gymnastics, Model United Nations (MUN), soccer, swimming, rugby, tennis and volleyball, which represents a wonderful mix of interests and talents.
SEASAC exists to support International schools in South East Asia in achieving their educational goals. Through a range of sporting and artistic activities, it aims to promote closer links among teachers, administrators and students of its member schools; encourage opportunities for healthy competition and the pursuit of excellence; develop and extend social and cultural interaction; and to promote an appreciation of the rights, dignity and worth of every person.
At Stamford American, we recognize that no single element of learning works in isolation. Our experiential Field Studies Program commences from Grade 3 and allows our students to develop as ecologically literate, compassionate and engaged global citizens through experiences beyond the classroom
Art & Drama
With a dedicated 500-seat theater, Stamford American puts on 10 full-scale productions annually, offering our students many opportunities to nurture ambitions to act or direct. Our Visual Arts Program enables our students to communicate in powerful ways beyond their spoken language. In addition to showcasing their works in school, our students also enjoy the opportunity of doing so at inter-school events. They are also fortunate to learn from visiting artists in our Artist-In-Residence Program.
At Stamford American, we introduce music from as early as 18 months at Pre-Nursery with songs and dance, moving on to the theory and technical aspects of music in the Elementary and Secondary School. We are the first and only to have the Suzuki Violin Program from age 3 with the opportunity to progress to Cello at age 5. Specialist Instrumental Music Program (IMP) is also available across 12 instruments. Whether its weekly lunchtime performances, choral, string, orchestra or rock ensembles, our students have the opportunity to showcase their musical talents.
The reliance on technology today makes us more aware of preparing our students on their responsibilities as global digital citizens. With our 1:1 iPad Program (KG 2 to G5) and 1:1 MacBook Program (Middle & High School), we have a forward thinking curriculum which harnesses technology to accelerate innovation in teaching and learning for all of the Stamford community.
Join Our Team
The Superintendent is the Head of the School and reports to the Chief Executive Officer – Cognita Asia. You will oversee the school-wide academic program and the operations of the school. You will lead the school vision and mission, as well as the strategic intent and initiatives as well as responsible for the schools’ P&L.
The next Superintendent will be;
- Visible and vibrant, approachable, and accessible to students and adult constituencies
- Inspiring, dynamic, and personable
- A great listener and supports the sharing of diverse opinions
- An educational innovator and implementer – inspiring continual innovation and creativity while connecting student learning beyond the classroom
- The embodiment of the Stamford Values – Integrity, Courage, Ingenuity and Compassion
- A Navigator of diverse constituencies through collaboration, team-building, and diplomacy
- A Leader of initiatives with staff and students to build a school culture aligned with the school vision
- Community-minded, involved and inclusive
- Resolute and resilient about tough decisions, with a positive attitude toward challenges
- Clear and persuasive communicator
- Appreciative of cultural openness and diversity
- An example of the IB learner profile – knowledgeable, inquirer, open-minded, principled, caring, communicator, risk taker, thinker, balanced, reflective
Primary areas of responsibility & accountability:
- Is a visible leader in the school’s community
- Model a school culture of excellence and accountability, while promoting a collaborative and caring atmosphere
- Lead the academic program of the school in conjunction with the school’s strategic plan
- Manage the school budget
- Lead staff recruitment, retention and development in conjunction with the administrative team
- Understand and support Cognita compliance rules, including but not limited to child safeguarding requirements
- Participate as a member of the Regional Leadership team and Global Cognita Educational Leadership team on educational strategies
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The most important thing is that we find the right candidate and we will ensure that the salary and benefit package will be commensurate with the role.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
How to Apply
We are delighted that you are interested in joining our Stamford American community in Singapore. Stamford American welcomes applications from qualified, experienced administrators looking for a vibrant, challenging and rewarding leadership experience.
Candidates are evaluated on following key areas:
- Inspirational leadership
- high quality teaching practice
- contribution to learning area and curriculum development
- relationships with students, staff and parents
- contribution to the whole school
Cognita has appointed Search Associates as its partner in its search for a Superintendent at Stamford, with Dr. Brent Mutsch serving as the lead consultant. The deadline for applications for the position is APRIL 5, 2019. Candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and the requested materials listed below to email@example.com
The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Finalists will be selected by the Search Committee and at least three finalists will be identified. Finalist candidates together with their spouse (if applicable) will be invited to Singapore to visit the school and meet with the faculty, non-teaching staff, parents, students, administrators and the Cognita Asia Leadership team. The new Superintendent will be selected at the end of the site visit, final interviews, and reference checks, and will assume his/her professional responsibilities in July 2020.
Candidates should send the information listed below as a single pdf file (less than 4MB is possible) attached to an email:
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the Superintendent position at Stamford American International School.
- A statement describing your management and educational philosophy, not to exceed two pages.
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages.
- SAIS Job Application form - available on the school careers section at http://www.sais.edu.sg/
- A one-page list of references with current addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
- A maximum of four letters of reference (scanned at low resolution) that may already be in your possession.