Greetings and welcome to the Intern Recruitment Office of Search Associates. I appreciate your interest and hope you will wish to register as a candidate. As your placement coordinator, I will do my best to assure that you find a job that suits your talents and interests, and promises an exciting overseas experience!
I myself worked as a teacher and administrator in overseas schools for 25 years, and I bring long-standing experience in international education to the job of Intern Coordinator. I started my international teaching career at the Community School in Tehran, where I first met Search Associates founder John Magagna when he arrived as the school's new headmaster. After four exciting years in Iran, I went on to teach in France and Thailand, and then spent fifteen years at the Jakarta International School in Indonesia. I have traveled widely throughout the world and am familiar with many international schools firsthand.
In fact, I am a product of international schools myself, since my father was posted overseas in the US Foreign Service. I returned to the United States to attend Milton Academy and received a B.A. in History from Smith College in Massachusetts. I earned an M.A. in Education from Tufts University, and a second M.A. in Theatre Text and Performance from King's College London and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA).
I have assisted Search Associates as an intern recruiter on several New England campuses over the past few years, and provide assistance to intern and 'dual' intern/beginning teaching candidates with the application process. My current home is in Newburyport, MA.
THE FIVE W'S OF THE INTERN PROGRAM
WHO are interns?
- Active, adventurous, articulate, conscientious, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, gregarious, honest, interesting, open-minded, smart, young people!
- Recent college graduates of all nationalities
WHAT are interns?
- Beginning teachers, teaching assistants, assistant teachers, substitute teachers, teachers-in-training, and teachers!
- Coaches, club advisors, chaperones
WHERE are interns?
- In Elementary, Middle School, and High School classrooms
- In American/International Schools all over the world
WHEN are interns?
- For a single academic year (usually August to June)
- During their years right out of college
WHY are interns?
- To work with a diverse and motivated group of interesting international students
- To broaden horizons by living and working overseas