January 17 - 20, 2020
MILLENNIUM GLOUCESTER & BAILEYS HOTELS, KENSINGTON
Fair Organizer: Gez Hayden
Search London-January: the major recruiting opportunity for IB and British International curriculum schools Worldwide.
CANDIDATE REGISTRATION FOR SEARCH LONDON JANUARY OPENS ON JULY 01, 2019. ACTIVATED SEARCH CANDIDATES WISHING TO RECRUIT THERE SHOULD PLEASE REQUEST AN INVITATION FROM THEIR SENIOR ASSOCIATE ON OR AFTER THAT DATE. INVITATION REQUESTS CAN BE MADE FROM YOUR SEARCH DASHBOARD.
Which Candidates Should Attend?
Candidates with international school experience may request an invitation to attend this fair. Exceptions to this guideline are listed below. Those who succeed in obtaining positions typically have taught any of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes, the British International Curriculum - the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), IGCSE, and International A Level.
This is a four day event. Attendance is mandatory on January 17, 18, 19 (not leaving before 17.00). Attendance on January 20 is highly recommended.
We open to candidates on July 01. Please request an invitation from your home associate on or after that date. This oversubscribed job fair fills up quickly. Registration by November is recommended.
Search London-January is firmly international, attended by 170 leading international schools from all over the World - Europe, Middle East, South Asia, South-East Asia, East Asia, Africa and the Americas including the USA.
Recruiters attend seeking mostly to hire teachers whose experience is consistent with the fair's curriculum focus (see above). Teachers lacking this experience can sometimes be successful if they offer shortage expertise as first choice - Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics HL, French with Spanish, Early Childhood and KG, Music, Elementary PE, Elementary Art & Design, Special Education, Counselors, technology integrators, and Librarians
This is the largest Search fair, attended by approximately 600 candidates and 170 schools, of which 75% offer one or more IB programme, and 40% British International curricula.
Candidates attending Search London-January are assigned an experienced advisor from the team of Senior Associates attending, and their offices' colleagues. The advisors provide a listening ear to assist candidates in making decisions.
The venue for Search London-January is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London. Schools will also interview in the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and in the very nearby Holiday Inn Kensington Forum and Crowne Plaza London Kensington.
Welcome to the Candidate Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2020
Thanks for your interest in our London January Job Fair. Candidates may request an invitation to this job fair from July 01, 2019 (read below). On this page, find information and updates (as they are posted). We assume you have already read the General Information summarising the Fair's nature and candidate fit. If you have not, please do so now.
If you wish to attend the fair you must be an activated Search candidate. Request an invitation from your home Associate from your dashboard in your Search account. The bullets below are important. Please read them.
- The first attendance day of this fair for candidates is Friday, January 17, 2020.
- You MUST arrive between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Friday, January 17 for the reasons given below. It is your responsibility to make leave and travel arrangements appropriate to that time and date. Candidates may not join the fair late. We will show flexibility ONLY in the event of unplanned travel delay or personal emergency.
- Here is the "why" of the above. Friday, January 17 is an extremely important day for you. You need to attend an orientation meeting with the Fair Organiser, meet your advisor for the fair, communicate preliminarily with schools, prepare for the Interview Sign-up, and attend it!
- In advance of the Interview Sign Up at 4:30 pm Friday Afternoon, January 17, you should study the updated vacancy lists posted in the Candidate Lounge, in order to make preliminary contact with schools having vacancies that interest you. Additionally, you should make contact with your assigned advisor for the fair. Please see the schedule for details .
- The administrative and Interiew Sign-up venue is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, Kensington, London. This is where the Candidate Lounge, the Search Office, and candidate advisors are located. Recuiters will interview not only in this hotel, but also in the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and in the nearby Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. It is more convenient, but not required, for candidates to stay in the Millennium Gloucester and The Bailey's hotels - this affords a private on-site refuge (your hotel room) in which to reflect. We facilitate room sharing for candidates through our Search Associates Facebook page.
- The Fair Schedule for Candidates will be available on this page before June 1, 2019.
- Limited hard copy information is supplied to you. There is no paper messaging system. Schools and candidates communicate via email, and via the Attendify London January App. We also offer a fair portal, which acts like an app, to help you manage and organise your experience of the fair.
- You do need to have with you a laptop or tablet, and for Attendify, a smartphone. Warning - if you have a tablet, you may be unable to open schools' own information for prospective candidates, which may be provided on an external drive or disk.
- Connectivity - internet connection is available. A small amount of mobile data for your smartphone is also advisable, particularly at peak usage times in the hotel.
- Recruiters will have secure access to your full Search file and confidential references during the job fair. It is prudent, however, to hand a résumé to recruiters at interview sign-up and at interviews themselves. This is both an aide-mémoire for recruiters, and a document on which they can make notes about you.
- Bring with you:
- 25 2-side maximum A4 or Letter size résumés, with photo
- a laptop or tablet computer for accessing digital information at the fair, and a smartphone for comunicating via Attendify. Most information provided is digital.
Please email any questions to Amelia Ren-Hayden on email@example.com
LEARN HERE ABOUT PRECONDITIONS FOR REGISTERING FOR THIS JOB FAIR, AND ABOUT WHAT CONSTITUTES A GOOD FIT
YOUR SEARCH FILE AND FORWARD PLANNING
- You must be a fully activated Search candidate, invited to register for this job fair by your Senior Associate. (If unsure of your invitation status, contact your Senior Associate).
- You must have at least 4 references on your file, of which minimum 3 must be Teaching or Leadership references.
- All reference and contact information on the application must be complete.
- The Bio Notes section of your file must be complete.
- A photograph is preferred.
- You MUST be able to attend between 10 a.m. and 1p.m. on Friday January 17 2020. Self-registration, your orientation meeting, contacting and receiving contacts from schools, and personal preparations will mean time is at a premium. You need to get all your ducks in a row for the 4.30p.m. interview sign-up session on Friday January 17.
- You MUST be able to attend the fair at least until 17.00, Sunday January 19, and it is ideal to attend on the last day of the fair Monday January 20. To benefit fully from the fair, and to gain the maximum number of interviews, plan to leave after midday Monday January 20.
ARE YOU A FIT?
This very competitive fair - Search Associates' largest - attracts schools from all over the world, and traditionally enjoys a strong placement rate. Recruiters are seeking experience in delivering the programmes indicated below.
- This is a fair where recruiters seek candidates with prior international school experience of teaching the IB PYP, MYP, CP and Diploma; IGCSE and International A Level; UK National Curriculum; IPC & IMYC.
- Exceptions: teachers domestically experienced in & seeking shortage subjects/areas : Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics HL, French plus Spanish, Early Childhood and KG, Music, Elementary PE, Elementary Art & Design, Special Education, Counselors, technology integrators, and Librarians will find success here.
- Candidates with only domestic school (not international school) classroom teaching experience in the UK and Ireland, North America and Australia/NZ, (often seeking a position in a school in Europe), are typically unsuccessful unless they teach a shortage subject listed in 2. above.
Welcome to the Schools Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2020
On this page, schools interested to attend can obtain information and updates on the Search London-January Job Fair. Invitations are issued to schools in June 2019. If your school wishes to attend this job fair and does not receive its invitation by June 7, 2019, please contact me, Gez Hayden. The bullets below are important.
- Dates: Friday January 17 to Sunday January 20 2020. We recommend recruiters arrive in the evening of Thursday January 16.
- Venue: The venue of this fair is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London, UK.
- Accommodation - The Millennium Gloucester Hotel is the recommended accommodation venue. We are also offering the rooms at the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and the very nearby Holiday Inn Kensington Forum and less nearby Crowne Plaza London Kensington (350 metres away). It is in order for recruiters to interview in their rooms in those hotels also.
- No paper copies of candidate Search files and confidential references are issued at this job fair. This information is provided to you securely on electronic media, when you check in at the fair.
- A self-print facility is available in the Recruiter Lounge for colleagues who need to read from paper. Candidates will have one-page résumés ready for you, on which to make notes about them.
- Messaging at the fair - Search London January will no longer use a paper messaging system. Communication will be through email and through the Attendify messaging app, which we shall ask you to download shorlty prior to the start of the fair. This app is smartphone-based.
- Fair Portal - this functions like an app to help you manage your experience of the fair. It will be made available shortly before the fair begins. It functions equally well on both computers and on portable devices.
- Bring with you
- Laptop with USB port
- The appropriate connector for your laptop to a digital projector (for school presentations).
Incremental updates as downloads, which you can choose to save to your computer are posted on this page as they become available from August onwards: Recruiter Schedule and Conditions, interim updates for recruiters, and other documents.
Please email any questions to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERE YOU WILL FIND INFORMATION AND ADVICE ABOUT HOTEL BOOKING
The venue for this job fair is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, Kensington, London, UK. The adjoining Bailey's Hotel also offers accommodation for recruiters and candidates. Schools/recruiters interview rooms will be located mainly in the Millennium Gloucester Hotel. Some recruiters will be located in one of three alternatives, each within very easy reach of the fair venue (please see below). Click here for the hotel booking instructions.
- Early booking is essential to be sure of a room - booking immediately you accept your invitation to attend the job fair is best. Penalty-free cancellation is possible until 14 days before the date of arrival at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and The Bailey's Hotel. For Holiday Inn Kensington Forum and Crowne Plaza London Kensington bookings, please check directly with the hotel concerned, regarding cancelation and payment policies, before completing your booking.
- We recommed that recruiters stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel. However, we also offer the possibility for recruiters to stay at the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and at the very nearby Holiday Inn Kensington Forum less nearby Crowne Plaza London Kensington (350 metres away).
- It is not a requirement for the candidates to stay at any of the fair hotels, but it is advantageous to do so, in terms of personal convenience. There are several other hotels within the walking distance of the fair venue.
- SCHOOLS/RECRUITERS - we recommend booking Millennium Gloucester Hotel club rooms, The Bailey's Deluxe and Luxury rooms, which are more suitable for interviewing, carry complimentary internet connection, and Executive Lounge access.
The Lockton employee benefits team of
specialist advisers provide employee benefits advice
to schools and teachers globally
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your school
wherever you may be and whatever the size of your school
ASK HOW WE CAN HELP YOU