January 20 - 23, 2023
MILLENNIUM GLOUCESTER & BAILEYS HOTELS, KENSINGTON
Fair Organizer: Gez Hayden
Search London-January: the major recruiting opportunity for IB and British International curriculum schools Worldwide.
CANDIDATE REGISTRATION FOR SEARCH LONDON JANUARY OPENS ON AUGUST 16 2022. ACTIVATED SEARCH CANDIDATES WISHING TO RECRUIT THERE SHOULD PLEASE REQUEST AN INVITATION FROM THEIR SENIOR ASSOCIATE ON OR AFTER THAT DATE. INVITATION REQUESTS CAN BE MADE FROM YOUR SEARCH DASHBOARD.
Which Candidates Should Attend?
Candidates with international school experience may request an invitation to attend this fair. Exceptions to this guideline are listed below. Those who succeed in obtaining positions typically have taught any of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes, the British International Curriculum - the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), IGCSE, and International A Level.
This is an in-person-only event. Attendance is mandatory on January 20, 21, 22 (not leaving before 16.00), and attendance is strongly recommended on January 23.
We open to candidates on August 16. Please request an invitation from your home associate on or after that date. This oversubscribed job fair fills up quickly. Registration by November is recommended.
Search London-January is firmly international, attended by leading international schools from all over the World - Europe, Middle East, South Asia, South-East Asia, East Asia, Africa and the Americas including the USA.
Recruiters attend seeking mostly to hire teachers whose experience is consistent with the fair's curriculum focus (see above). Teachers lacking this experience can be successful if they offer shortage expertise as first choice - Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics HL, French with Spanish, Early Childhood and KG, Music, Elementary PE, Elementary Art & Design, Special Education, Counselors, technology integrators, and Librarians.
This is the largest Search fair, traditionally attended by approximately 600 candidates and 170 schools, of which 75% offer one or more IB programme, and 40% British International curricula. We estimate 2023 attendance for schools and candidates will be around 70% of that for previous London January fairs, due to lingering Covid restrictions in some parts of the world - 120+ schools and 400+ candidates.
Candidates attending Search London-January are assigned an experienced advisor from the team of Senior Associates attending, and their offices' colleagues. The advisors provide a listening ear to assist candidates in making decisions.
The venue for Search London-January is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London. Schools will also interview in the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and in the very nearby Doubletree by Hilton London Kensington.
Changes to the fair structure
The Search London-January Fair will implement the following measures
- Fair Orientation meetings led by Search Associates will be replaced by online videos, uploaded prior to the beginning of the fair.
- Attending schools will be encouraged to upload a school presentation video, available to attending candidates prior to the Fair.
- Q&A sessions led by attending schools will take place online, in the week prior to the Fair, as well as a certain number of in-person Q&A sessions happening at the start of the Fair. School presentations will be recorded and recordings will be accessible to candidates.
Welcome to the Candidate Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2023
Thanks for your interest in our London January Job Fair. Candidates may request an invitation to this job fair from August 16, 2022 (read below). On this page, find information and updates (as they are posted). We assume you have already read the General Information summarising the Fair's nature and candidate fit. If you have not, please do so now.
If you wish to attend the fair you must be an activated Search candidate. Request an invitation from your home Associate from your dashboard in your Search account. The bullets below are important. Please read them.
- The first attendance day of this fair for candidates is Friday, January 20, 2023.
The administrative venue is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, Kensington, London. This is where the Search Office, Interview Booths and candidate advisors are located. Recruiters will interview not only in this hotel in interview booths, meeting rooms and hotel rooms, but also in the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and in the nearby Doubletree by Hilton London Kensington. It is more convenient, but not required, for candidates to stay in the Millennium Gloucester and The Bailey's hotels - this affords a private on-site refuge (your hotel room) in which to reflect.
- Limited hard copy information is supplied to you. There is no paper messaging system. Schools and candidates communicate via email, and via the Fair Portal. The Fair Portal helps you manage and organise your experience of the fair.
- Ideally, you should have with you a laptop/tablet, and a smartphone. Warning - if you have a tablet, you may be unable to open schools' own information for prospective candidates, which in a few cases may be provided on an external drive or disk (more usually, this is online, however).
- Connectivity - internet connection is available. A small amount of mobile data for your smartphone is also advisable, particularly for peak usage times in the hotel.
- Recruiters will have secure access to your full Search file and confidential references during the job fair. It is prudent, however, to hand a résumé to recruiters at interview sign-up and at interviews themselves. This is both an aide-mémoire for recruiters, and a document on which they can make notes about you.
- Bring with you:
- 25 2-side maximum A4 or Letter size résumés
- a laptop or tablet for accessing digital information at the fair, and a smartphone for communicating via the Fair Portal and receiving calls. Most information provided is digital.
Please email any questions to Amelia Ren-Hayden on email@example.com
LEARN HERE ABOUT PRECONDITIONS FOR REGISTERING FOR THIS JOB FAIR, AND ABOUT WHAT CONSTITUTES A GOOD FIT
YOUR SEARCH FILE AND FORWARD PLANNING
- You must be a fully activated Search candidate, invited to register for this job fair by your Senior Associate. (If unsure of your invitation status, contact your Senior Associate).
- You must have at least 4 references on your file, of which minimum 3 must be Teaching, Counselor/Librarian or Leadership references.
- All reference and contact information on the application must be complete.
- The Bio Notes section of your file must be complete.
- You MUST be able to attend the fair at least until 17.00, Sunday January 22.
ARE YOU A FIT?
This very competitive fair - Search Associates' largest - attracts schools from all over the world, and traditionally enjoys a strong placement rate. Recruiters are seeking experience in delivering the programmes indicated below.
- This is a fair where recruiters seek candidates with prior international school experience of teaching the IB PYP, MYP, CP and Diploma; IGCSE and International A Level; UK National Curriculum; IPC & IMYC.
- Exceptions: teachers domestically experienced in & seeking as first preference shortage subjects/areas : Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, French plus Spanish, Early Childhood and KG, Music, Elementary PE, Elementary Art & Design, Special Education, Counselors, technology integrators, and Librarians will find success here.
- Candidates with only domestic school (not international school) classroom teaching experience in the UK and Ireland, North America and Australia/NZ, (often seeking a position in a school in Europe), will be challenged unless they teach a shortage subject listed in 2. above.
Welcome to the Schools Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2023
On this page, schools interested to attend can obtain information and updates on the Search London-January Job Fair. Invitations are issued to schools in June 2022. If your school wishes to attend this job fair and does not receive its invitation by June 16 2022, please contact me, Gez Hayden. The bullets below are important.
- Dates: Friday January 20 to Monday January 23 2023. We recommend recruiters arrive in the evening of Thursday January 19.
- Venue: The venue of this fair is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London, UK.
- Accommodation - The Millennium Gloucester Hotel is the recommended accommodation venue. We are also offering the rooms at the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and the very nearby Doubletree by Hilton London Kensington (350 metres away). It is in order for recruiters to interview in that hotel also.
- No paper copies of candidate Search files and confidential references are issued at this job fair. This information is provided to you securely online, through the Fair Portal.
- A self-print facility is available for colleagues who need to read from paper. Candidates will have one-page résumés ready for you, on which to make notes about them.
- Messaging at the fair - Search London January no longer uses a paper messaging system. Communication will be through email and through the Fair Portal messaging function.
- Fair Portal - this helps you manage your experience of the fair. It will be made available shortly before the fair begins. It functions equally well on both computers and portable devices.
- Bring with you
a Laptop/Tablet, and a smartphone
Incremental updates as downloads, which you can choose to save to your computer are posted on this page as they become available from August onwards: Recruiter Schedule and Conditions, interim updates for recruiters, and other documents.
Please email any questions to me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERE YOU WILL FIND INFORMATION AND ADVICE ABOUT HOTEL BOOKING
The venue for this job fair is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, Kensington, London, UK. The adjoining Bailey's Hotel also offers accommodation for recruiters and candidates. Schools/recruiters interview rooms will be located mainly in the Millennium Gloucester Hotel. Some recruiters will be located in one of three alternatives, each within very easy reach of the fair venue (please see below). Click here for the hotel booking instructions.
- Early booking is essential to be sure of a room. For Doubletree by Hilton London Kensington bookings, please check directly with the hotel concerned, regarding cancelation and payment policies, before completing your booking.
- We recommed that recruiters stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel. However, we also offer the possibility for recruiters to stay at the adjoining Bailey's Hotel, and at the nearby Doubletree by Hilton London Kensington (350 metres away).
- It is not a requirement for the candidates to stay at any of the fair hotels, but it is advantageous to do so, in terms of personal convenience. There are several other hotels within the walking distance of the fair venue.
- SCHOOLS/RECRUITERS - we recommend booking Millennium Gloucester Hotel club rooms, The Bailey's Hotel Deluxe and Luxury rooms, and Junior Suites. For Doubletree by Hilton London Kensington, their Duplex Suites are recommended as being suitable for interviews.