January 22 - 25, 2019
THE MILLENNIUM GLOUCESTER HOTEL, KENSINGTON
Fair Organizer: Gez Hayden
Search London-January: the major recruiting opportunity for IB and British International curriculum schools Worldwide.
CANDIDATE REGISTRATION FOR SEARCH LONDON JANUARY OPENS ON AUGUST 16, 2018. ACTIVATED SEARCH CANDIDATES WISHING TO RECRUIT THERE SHOULD PLEASE REQUEST AN INVITATION FROM THEIR SENIOR ASSOCIATE ON OR AFTER THAT DATE. INVITATION REQUESTS CAN BE MADE USING YOUR SEARCH DASHBOARD.
Which Candidates Should Attend?
Candidates with international school experience may request an invitation to attend this fair. Exceptions to this guideline are listed below. Those who succeed in obtaining positions typically have taught any of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes, the British International Curriculum - the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), IGCSE, and International A Level.
Attendance is mandatory on January 22 and 23 - any shorter time at the fair would render attending unworthwhile, as at least one full day is needed for interviews. It is much better if possible to attend on all four days of the fair - January 22, 23, 24, and 25.
We open to candidates on August 16. Please request an invitation from your home associate on or after that date. This oversubscribed job fair fills up quickly. Registration by November is recommended.
Search London-January is firmly international, attended by 170 leading international schools from all over the World - Europe, Middle East, South Asia, South-East Asia, East Asia, Africa and the Americas.
Recruiters attend seeking mostly to hire teachers whose experience is consistent with the fair's curriculum focus (see above). Teachers lacking this experience can sometimes be successful if they offer shortage expertise as first choice - Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics HL, French plus Spanish, Early Childhood and KG, Music, Elementary PE, Elementary Art & Design, Special Education, Counselors, Apple-experienced technology integrators, and Librarians
This is the largest Search fair, attended by approximately 650 candidates and 170 schools, of which 75% offer one or more IB programme, and 30% characterise themselves as British International.
Candidates attending Search London-January are assigned an experienced advisor from the team of Senior Associates attending, and their offices' colleagues. The advisors provide a listening ear to assist candidates in making decisions.
The venue for this Search London-January is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London.
Welcome to the Candidate Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2019
Thanks for your interest in our London January Job Fair. Candidates may request an invitation to this job fair from August 16, 2018 (read below). On this page, find information and updates (as they are posted). We assume you have already read the General Information summarising the Fair's nature and candidate fit. If you have not, please do so now.
If you wish to attend the fair you must be an activated Search candidate. Request an invitation from your home Associate from your dashboard in your Search account. The bullets below are important. Please read them.
- The first attendance day of this fair for candidates is Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
- You MUST arrive between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 22 for the reasons given below. It is your responsibility to make leave and travel arrangements appropriate to that time and date. Candidates may not join the fair late. We will show flexibility ONLY in the event of unplanned travel delay or personal emergency.
- Here is the "why" of the above. Tuesday, January 22 is an extremely important day for you. You need to attend an orientation meeting with the Fair Organiser, and locate your communication folder and the schools' communication folders. Arrival by 3:00pm is critical
- In advance of the Interview Sign Up at 5:30 pm Tuesday Evening, January 22, you should study the updated vacancy lists posted in the Candidate Lounge, in order to make preliminary contact with schools having vacancies that interest you. Additionally, you should make contact with your assigned advisor for the fair. Please see the schedule for details of these.
- The venue is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, Kensington, London. Candidates' rooms are in another Fair Hotel - the adjoining, connected Millennium Baileys Hotel. It is more convenient, but not required, for candidates to stay in the Fair Hotel - it affords a private on-site refuge (your hotel room) in which to reflect. We facilitate room sharing for candidates through our Search Associates Facebook page.
- The Fair Schedule for Candidates will be available on this page before June 1, 2019.
- Very near the date of the fair, we provide you via download with a personal digital copy of the schedule and all other documents for the fair, and about all the attending schools. This frees you from reliance on the internet for school information. Limited hard copy only is supplied to you. We also offer a fair portal, which acts like an app, to help you manage your experience of the fair.
- You do need to have with you a laptop or tablet. Warning - if you have a tablet, you may be unable to open schools' own information for prospective candidates, which may be provided on an external drive or disk.
- Recruiters will have secure access to your full Search file and confidential references during the job fair. It is prudent, however, to hand a résumé to recruiters at interview sign-up and at interviews themselves. This is both an aide-mémoire for recruiters, and a document on which they can make notes about you.
- Bring with you:
- 25 2-side maximum A4 or Letter size résumés, with photo
- a laptop or tablet computer for accessing digital information at the fair. Most information provided is digital.
Please email any questions to Amelia Ren-Hayden on firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN HERE ABOUT PRECONDITIONS FOR REGISTERING FOR THIS JOB FAIR, AND ABOUT WHAT CONSTITUTES A GOOD FIT
YOUR SEARCH FILE AND FORWARD PLANNING
- You must be a fully activated Search candidate, invited to register for this job fair by your Senior Associate. (If unsure of your invitation status, contact your Senior Associate).
- You must have at least 4 references on your file, of which minimum 3 must be Teaching or Leadership references.
- All reference and contact information on the application must be complete.
- The Bio Notes section of your file must be complete.
- A photograph is preferred.
- You MUST be able to attend between 10 a.m. and 5p.m. on Tuesday January 22 2019. Self-registration, your orientation meeting, contacting and receiving contacts from schools, and personal preparations will mean time is at a premium. You need to get all your ducks in a row for the early evening interview sign-up session on Tuesday January 22.
- You MUST be able to attend the fair at least until 17.00, Wednesday January 23. To benefit fully from the fair, and to gain the maximum number of interviews, plan to leave after midday Friday January 25.
ARE YOU A FIT?
This very competitive fair - Search Associates' largest - attracts schools from all over the world, and traditionally enjoys a strong placement rate. Recruiters are seeking experience in delivering the programmes indicated below.
- This is a fair where recruiters seek candidates with prior international school experience of teaching the IB PYP, MYP, CP and Diploma; IGCSE and International A Level; UK National Curriculum; IPC & IMYC.
- Exceptions: teachers domestically experienced in & seeking shortage subjects/areas : Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics HL, French plus Spanish, Early Childhood and KG, Music, Elementary PE, Elementary Art & Design, Special Education, Counselors, Apple-experienced technology integrators, and Librarians will find success here.
- Candidates with only domestic school (not international school) classroom teaching experience in the UK and Ireland, North America and Australia/NZ, (often seeking a position in a school in Europe), are typically unsuccessful unless they teach a shortage subject listed in 2. above.
Welcome to the Schools Information Page for the Search Associates London-January Job Fair 2019
On this page, schools interested to attend can obtain information and updates on the Search London-January Job Fair. Invitations are issued to schools in June 2018. If your school wishes to attend this job fair and does not receive its invitation by June 7, 2018, please contact me, Gez Hayden. The bullets below are important.
- Dates: Tuesday January 22 to Friday January 25 2019. We recommend recruiters arrive in the evening of Monday January 21.
- Venue: The venue of this fair is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London, UK.
- No paper copies of candidate Search files and confidential references are issued at this job fair. This information is provided to you securely on electronic media, when you check in at the fair.
- A self-print facility is available in the Recruiter Lounge for colleagues who need to read from paper. Candidates will have one-page résumés ready for you, on which to make notes about them.
- Fair Portal - this functions like an app to help you manage your experience of the fair. It will be made available shortly before the fair begins. It functions equally well on both computers and on portable devices.
- Bring with you
- Laptop with USB port
- The appropriate connector for your laptop to a digital projector (for school presentations).
Incremental updates as downloads, which you can choose to save to your computer are posted on this page as they become available from August onwards: Recruiter Schedule and Conditions, interim updates for recruiters, and other documents.
Please email any questions to me on email@example.com.
HERE YOU WILL FIND INFORMATION AND ADVICE ABOUT HOTEL BOOKING
The venue for this job fair is the Millennium Gloucester Hotel and Conference Centre, Kensington, London, UK. The adjoining Millennium Bailey's Hotel will offer accommodation for candidates. Schools/recruiters will be located in the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.
- Early booking is essential to be sure of a room - booking immediately you accept your invitation to attend the job fair is best. Penalty-free cancellation is possible until 14 days before the date of arrival.
- From 8th November 2018, CANDIDATES please email Martina Bolognini to make reservations at the Millennium Bailey's Hotel, and cc Bianca Grasu and William McClenaghan.
- From 8th November 2018, SCHOOLS/RECRUITERS please email Amelia Ren-Hayden to make reservations at the Millennium Glcoucester Hotel.
- SCHOOLS/RECRUITERS - we strongly recommend booking club rooms, which are more suitable for interviewing, carry complimentary internet connection, and Executive Lounge access.
The Lockton employee benefits team of
specialist advisers provide employee benefits advice
to schools and teachers globally
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your school
wherever you may be and whatever the size of your school
ASK HOW WE CAN HELP YOU