< Back to Leadership Vacancies
Appointed - Position has been filled
Jul 1, 16
Sep 8, 16
Associate Middle School Principal
to start 2017 - 2018 academic year
The American School of Dubai (ASD) is a college-preparatory, Pre-K through grade 12, independent, not for profit American curriculum school, offering what is best about American education to provide learning experiences designed to promote the maximum potential of its students.
Our Mission Statement
We challenge and inspire each student to achieve their dreams and to become a passionate learner prepared to adapt and contribute in a rapidly changing world.
ASD is located in a residential area within Dubai, the global business and cultural hub of the United Arab Emirates. The ASD campus is a 23 acre, million square foot, wireless, state-of-the- art facility. The campus includes spaces designed to promote phenomenal learning experiences, to include; 100 classrooms, two libraries, four science and four technology labs, five art studios, a number of multi-purpose rooms, a 670-seat performing arts theatre, a middle and high school black-box studios, purpose built band and choral classrooms with accompany practice rooms, middle and high school black-box studios, a student broadcasting studio, a multi-faceted, fieldhouse, indoor and outdoor running tracks, a climbing wall, regulation soccer fields, additional playing fields and play areas, a dance studio, fitness center, two 25-meter swimming pools, six tennis courts and two cafeterias. ASD is known for its inviting and welcoming learning environment.
The American School of Dubai is seeking a dynamic and passionate educator for the role of Associate Middle School Principal. The Associate Principal will provide support in leadership, organization and management in order to successfully guide the Middle School programs with the goal of offering what is best about American Education and create learning experiences designed to promote the potential of each of our students. The successful candidate will embrace the school’s mission and core values and will be a committed and passionate educator who will work to challenge and assist students to bevome intellectually adept, thoughtful and ethical contributors to a global community. The Associate Middle School Principal reports to the Middle School Principal and will serve as a member of the Learning Leadership Team and on other committee and teams as assigned.
The primary areas of responsibility of the Associate Middle School Principal include:
- Support the school’s development of and progress in the Strategic Plan
- Model the Mission and Core Values
- Assist the Middle School Principal in promoting the educational and social development of each student
- Assist the Principal in the overall administration of the Middle School
- Assist in the general supervision of students and maintain discipline throughout the student body
- Conduct and maintain inventories and assign lockers Serve as the Middle School Principal as delegated in the absence of the Middle School Principal
- Prepare the middle school schedule and assign rooms to classroom teachers
- Establish and maintain the middle school’s master activity schedule and prepare and distribute a monthly activities calendar to middle school staff Supervise the reporting and monitoring of student attendance in the MS
- Plan and coordinate middle school assemblies
- Schedule and attend regular meetings of teacher teams and departments
- Supervise middle school staff and substitutes as directed by the Principal
- Coordinate the organization and planning of various professional committees
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Model, challenge and assist our students to become intellectually adept, thoughtful and ethical contributors to a global society.
- Assist in implementing educational policies and objectives that offer what is best about American education in order to provide an educational experience designed to promote the maximum potential of each student.
- Assist the Principal in developing the leadership capabilities of teachers so that instructional leadership becomes a shared responsibility.
- Contribute in creating an efficient, productive and caring atmosphere where all students and staff have opportunities to be recognized for their best efforts.
- Have a personal commitment to seek constant professional learning and professional growth; to also be a life-long learner.
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Student-centered decision-maker
- Understands and appreciates the importance of diversity
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity
- Demonstrates integrity in all aspects of life
- Gives evidence of excellent listening skills
- Capable of making and communicating decisions
- Develops and sustains trust amongst all constituents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaborator
- Sense of humor
- Current certification in Middle School Education or equivalent
- Five years experience as a Middle School Teacher
- Demonstrated record of successful school leadership experience
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Experience with a Middle School Advisory Program Model
- North American certification
- Master's Degree (administration preferred)
- Prior experience in a related role
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is highly competitive and will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include housing, health insurance, life insurance, home leave, shipping-in and shipping-out allowances, retirement contributions and on-going professional development opportunities.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through the ASD website: www.asdubai.org.
Deadline Date: 08 September 2016
Attention: If you apply for this position, please inform the school and us (Admin@searchassociates.com) that you saw the notice on the Search Associates website.